Was this you !!!

Discussion in 'Ranges, Dealers & Smiths' started by JMan, Dec 16, 2010.

1. JMan

JMan New Member

Went to Autrey's Armory today in fayetteville today and saw this guy

Young maybe early 20's wearing a red shirt ,jeans ,skinny, glasses, brown short hair ,geek type look .
    Girlfriend (a little chubby , White and blue strip shirt ,jeans, brown hair at shoulders

This guy was shooting then I heard him tell the girl

Tell me when you see a bad guy , I was like HUH

So I had to look and try to listen to hear him

He was trying to pretend that there was someone robbing him (target I guess being the bad guy )
    and trying to pull the pistol out as fast as he can and shoot. But had her yelling It's a bad guy shoot . And he would pull (at least try get his gun out) It was to darn funny I just couldn't shoot no more as I was laughing yet worried to turn my back on this guy .So if he is alone and have a problem is he going to ask someone around him to yell IT'S A BAD GUY!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Once he has shot this target a few times then he yells at the target

Don't you move or Ill shoot again , Thank you for listening :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

They (girl/guy) was very serious with no laughing involved , to darn funny :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

man the people you see at a range , sometimes I wonder if GA should make it a training class requirements only permit!

2. niadhf

niadhf New Member

why would you want to require a permit to take a training class?

3. JMan

JMan New Member

I was referring that maybe they should require a training class before you can get your license (permit) .Reason was this guy had a license to carry or stupid . He carried as he left and into public . So I assume he has a license But I know we should not assume , just my vib I got from him.

Or some how stop idiots from purchasing firearms , maybe a common sense test or something to qualify for a firearms purchase :lol: :lol:

4. niadhf

niadhf New Member

Um, yeah i figured you were, but misplaced modifiers always get my sense of british humor up.
    As for the " suggestion" of requiring training to get a permit, or stopping some from getting.. well..... :hide:

5. JMan

JMan New Member

I understand but , we just need to weed out some of the tards you know. But sometimes it hurts us (common sense people) to weed them out though.But it goes with the same with driving , some type jobs,caring for kids(daycare) , etc etc of lack of common sense these days. Just only if there was a way to teach common sense :lol:

6. atlsrt44

atlsrt44 Well-Known Member

hence why when I go to the range I try to get a lane off by myself. Cant concentrate when I'm worried about being shot in the rear.

7. Jmark

Jmark Active Member

One of the many reasons why I made a range in the back yard. :lol:

8. Paladin

Paladin Fattus Patrickus

What is not so funny is he may very well have taken a training class. Have you ever watched the shows on TV where they document people going through CC classes? Some of the stuff they make them say and do... weird.

9. Rugerer

Rugerer GeePeeDoHolic

Having read and heard, more than once, instructors who suggest that even at the range you should practice yelling commands, stay back, stop, call the police, and so on, look behind you after you shoot, etc. to build that muscle memory we're so fond of, I have to admit I'm not quite following the humor.

Was he actually unsafe with the gun? If not, then more power to him. If I had anything to say, it'd be that the GF could do better than "Shoot! It's a bad guy!" I'd imagine if they're practicing scenarios where's she the first to spot something, her first words should be the commands for the BG, stay back, stop.

As far as her shouting at all, isn't it good training to practice the draw on someone else's signal?

As long as he wasn't sweeping or putting his foot in danger, I award him points for trying to better himself.

10. niadhf

niadhf New Member

ok.. I'll start (pretty sure others will weigh in) Drivers license, child care license etc as mentioned are PRIVELEGES. The right to keep and ber arms is just that.. A RIGHT. WHY SHOULD WE GIVE UP RIGHTS? Should we have a license and choose who can speak freely? Should we require one to take a class before posting on the internet? How about if you haven't been trained, you can have your house property and person searched? Without a permit you may be held or arrested for no reason?
    I am all for training. I am a trainor. I also live in a state where training is required. It took almost a year to get my pistol pwrmit (yes that is what it is called) due to the training class, cost, and permit cost. Luckily I didn't NEED a pistol in that year.
    Who determines who is a "Ard" ? Perhaps if I did, you would not get your GWL? Or if MP did, I wouldn't?
    Do you also gice up your right for Jury Nulification?
    :deadhorserepost:
    Someone also mentioned was he being unsafe? And that many trainors do recommend people do just what it appears he was doing. Good point thanks.
    One last thing. I am sure there are typos here. I am typing this while riding in a car on my phone. I apologize for any typos and will edit later when I am at a real computer.

11. JMan

JMan New Member

Yes he was struggling to get the gun out , like he has never pulled it from a holster before. He had an employee help load his gun, and he couldn't hit the target to save his life at 7 yards. So yeah pretty darn funny on my side. He was not yelling at the target he had his GF or what ever tell him Hey there is a bad guy shoot . You just had to been there to see his body expressions to laugh I guess.

12. JMan

JMan New Member

WOW!!!

I knew someone would take that and go way over board . It was a statement I have not contacted Obama yet gee calm down sally. :lol: :lol: :lol:

13. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

Awesome - you witnessed mall ninja training in action.

14. Rugerer

Rugerer GeePeeDoHolic

Sounds like he was definitely getting ahead of himself, then.

Drawing and presentation is a bit deeper in the curriculum after "loading"

15. tbill

tbill Member

I tend to try to help beginners, not laugh at them. I'm pretty sure I looked funny while I was learning (maybe still do, but nobody has laughed in my hearing). Everybody has to start somewhere and a little ecouragement goes a long way.

16. lespaulplayer

lespaulplayer New Member

I wish I was there to see that haha! I'm a member there but haven't gone in months.

17. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

Safety needs to be his #1 concern. Not quick draws, impressing girlfriends, etc.

18. JMan

JMan New Member

Exactly what he was trying to do ...

You can't teach common sense you're born with that and this guy was lacking it for sure.

19. budone1967

budone1967 Die Hard GCO Recruiter

Is it possible the girl was trying to give the guy some form of basic firearms training

I always try to help beginners and give them encouragement. I think it's the best way to help them become life long gun owners and 2A supporters.

20. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

How would a mandatory state training class in order to get a license have stopped this behavior or made sure that someone who is a "retard" in your opinion from getting his license and carrying anyway?

Being able to qualify in a training class is certainly no guarantee against someone going out and doing something stupid or unsafe. All it proves is that you can follow instructions while in the presence of an instructor, and can hit the target you are pointing your weapon on.

Don't we see stories in the news all the time where highly trained LEO have a negligent discharge or even kill someone accidentally while doing something unsafe? Did all their training keep them from doing something bad with a firearm?

People of all walks of life do stupid things with firearms, regardless of level of training. All it takes is one moment of being careless with a firearm, and you can do something stupid with a firearm.

The same person that passes a mandatory training class, can still go out, do something stupid or unsafe with his firearm.

You say he was being a retard, but did he have a negligence discharge while drawing his firearm? Did he point the loaded weapon at anyone?

I often practice drawing my weapon and firing at a target at a family shooting range where I practice. Am I retard for wanting to practice drawing and firing my weapon at a target?

I follow all the basic firearms rules, and it sounds like this guy did too, from your OP. If he swept people with his loaded firearm with his finger on the trigger, I could see you getting upset.

The only thing I can really fault him on is he was all doing this to just impress a girl, but how about if he was really training, and not doing it to impress his girlfriend?

We all started somewhere, and if this guy was a beginner, then at least he is trying to get out there and train himself to draw and hit a target. Its more than I can say for some gun owners I know. Some never train on their own.

I really don't think its time to go into forcing everyone in Georgia to get government mandated training in order to get a carry license again. :banghead: :deadhorse: