Wanted: Sig p938

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by majorwoo, Dec 1, 2016.

1. majorwoo

majorwoo Active Member

Do you have one you want to trade?

I could trade you a desktop, or laptop, or maybe another Sig, or who knows what you might want.

2. majorwoo

majorwoo Active Member

Captain impatient bought one. Thanks anyway :)

3. MLS 4506

MLS 4506 Active Member

you will like it,which version did you get ?

4. Craftsman

Craftsman Well-Known Member

Good call. I have no desire to trade mine away. It is the best .380 auto have ever owned or fired.

5. majorwoo

majorwoo Active Member

238 is.380 (wife carries it)
    938 is 9mm (I like to carry at least 9mm)

Mine is the Nightmare model. Included sig lights which I think all Nightmares do

6. chrisj95

chrisj95 New Member

Let's see a pic @majorwoo

7. Craftsman

Doh! Reading too fast again.

8. majorwoo

majorwoo Active Member

View attachment 7784

I bought the extended mag - unlike the lc9 with a removable baseplate this extended mag is actually an extension of the mag itself (+1) and feels solid. My lc9 pinky extension was just plastic on the bottom of the same mag and made the pinky grip feel flimsy/wobbly.

Not happy that they only come with one mag anymore. Obviously I can buy another it just felt cheap. The box even had a cutout for the mags that fit two - including the extended mag :). I was told the previous president of Kimber is over at Sig now and he's driven that along with the increase of exotic grips on the 238/938 line (bright purple, pearl white, etc)

The rubberized grip on the Nightmare feels pretty good. I've always been a wood fan but these I think I will keep on it. I will miss my 1911 GCO Lifer grips, so maybe I'll get some more :)

In the past I thought I wanted a 938 someday, maybe, eventually but I was EDC my 1911 and wasn't super concerned. Having recently started a business supporting primarily doctors practices (www.WoosIT.us) and medical offices I wanted something less visible but still similar to my favorite 1911 platform. The size/weight difference from a 5" 1911 to my 938 was superb :)

Taking to Chuck about some leather now :). I normally OWB and just toss a shirt over it. With my 5" 1911 that was often less then concealed (lazy cc as I call it) and that was good enough. This will allow me to change very little and gain a lot less visibility. ImageUploadedByGeorgia Packing1481210110.790599.jpg

9. majorwoo

majorwoo Active Member

Guess my first pic didn't stick. Here it is. ImageUploadedByGeorgia Packing1481210164.494831.jpg

10. chrisj95

chrisj95 New Member

@majorwoo she's nice

11. Craftsman

Honestly, my 238 feels better in my hand with the short mag rather than the extended mag. However, I did add on the Hogue grips. 7rd mag is in a knife pouch across the top of the gun in my pocket. Breaks up the 'gun' outline so printing isn't an issue.

12. majorwoo

majorwoo Active Member

Coming from the full size 1911 world I'm used to a solid hand hold on it. I will play around with the standard mag and I may discover that I don't care as much when I shoot it some more.