Want to Sleep at Night? Don't Read This.

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Malum Prohibitum, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

http://www.azstarnet.com/opinion/202265

Krauthammer's take on the Israeli air strike in Syria this month and what is going on with the Iranians.

You all heard about this and the mustard gas explosion that killed Syrians and Iranians in June, right?

North Korea is in on the nuclear angle.

2. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Thans for posting that MP. It was a good read. I've been following developments in that area. With family friends in the Israeli military, it hits home.

3. Malum Prohibitum

My thought is that this has broad and disturbing implications for the United States.

4. ber950

ber950 Active Member

That kind of says it all. Something big is up.

5. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I agree.
    Israel vs Syria, Israel wins.
    Israel vs Lebanon, Israel wins.
    Israel vs Iran would be too close to call with US intervention.
    Israel vs Syria, Lebanon, and Iran at the same time? US troops hit the ground and then you have to worry about N. Korea getting involved and possibly finding out the hard way what N. Korea and Iran's nuclear status really is.
    You also have to worry about what Israel's other neighbors will do if fighting erupts and spreads.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

At least we still have M.A.D. to prevent (hopefully) all out nuclear war.

7. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

No matter how you cut it, a conflict bigger than last years Israel/Lenanon fighting could spread quickly and cause turmoil for a large portion o fthe world.

8. gizmo5

gizmo5 New Member

Ready when they are..... :twisted:

9. merlock

merlock Active Member

Let's play...Global Thermonuclear War. :?

10. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

I think we're less than 5 years away from half of the middle-east being turned into a big sheet of glass. Nothing can stop it. Maybe it can be delayed, but it WILL happen soon.

When gas goes to 20 bucks a gallon I bet all the tree-huggers will be like "Damn the wildlife... drill, drill!!". Sorry, too late suckers.

SHTF.

11. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

North Korea's misile launch towers should have been taking out the day after they did their first test a while back...problem is our country is loosing its balls and caters to the hard left....

12. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Thanks for posting that MP. And you too adam.

That's all I need........ more nightmares!!!

I think foshizzle is absolutely correct about this.

:scared:

13. Malum Prohibitum

I can't open Adam's for some reason.

14. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Here's the story.

15. ber950

ber950 Active Member

:rotfl:
    Okay that got coffee on my monitor.

16. tace

tace New Member

Anyone here believe that history repeats itself?

There once was a large empire that thrived on military supremecy. It's leadership became muddled because of intense internal politics and the governing became weak. The leadership aligned themselves with allies who had questionable motives in acquiring land and defending themselves. Hence, a world war was started and battle lines drawn. The empire wanted to stay out of this war but was dragged into it because of some dirty tricks of its "ally". When everything was over with, the empire lost because it had to fight in too many different battle fields spread over the world. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

:(

That empire was Ottoman Empire, to someone who read and learns from history, just substitute the name Ottoman with American and the "ally" with Israel. That should be an indication of how things will go around for WWIII.

Oh, and Ottoman empire had a bad habit of outsourcing much of its manufacturing in its last years. Familiar?