Wanna Buy a USGI 1911 Cheap ? .... Hints from David Codrea

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by campperrykid, Nov 18, 2010.

1. campperrykid

campperrykid New Member

Mr. Codrea has gotten his hands on papers from BATFE . They are hysterical about the prospect of the free flow of 1911 pistols that are owned by US allies.
    Too many good guns would drive prices down.
    Google:
    ATF : Surplus Korean Firearms ' pose threat to public safety...
    Might not hurt to Goggle :
    South Korean Zaytun Division South Kurdistan North Iraq .

2. Hock25

Hock25 New Member

As an aside, an influx of surplus guns would be good for the economy. Gunsmiths, parts suppliers, ammo suppliers, gun ranges and so on would benefit positively from each gun sold.

3. HydroAuto

HydroAuto GPDO Commonlaw Spouse

Why would the BATFE care about the cost of guns? If they had a problem with cheap guns they'd write an unfavorable opinion on Hi-Point/Jennings/Bryco/Jiminez.

4. RepeatDefender

RepeatDefender New Member

Because there's a difference...BATFE doesn't want cheap "effective" guns in the hands of mere civilians...they have no problem with us buying junk guns.

Just like the stoppage put on US M1's and M1 Carbines...this is in the same line that BATFE and the AG's stance on firearms. Now throw in the new nominee for BATFE chief...

5. campperrykid

campperrykid New Member

If the gun-grabbers get away with this nomination , they are likely to go after CMP next.

6. ZTC

ZTC Member

I think Ted Nugent would be a good chief!

7. SGT_Calle

SGT_Calle New Member

I didn't google it, but am familiar with Zaytun. The 10th MTN Div band sent a ceremonial group up to FOB Zaytun to play a ceremony or two when the Koreans were pulling out. This would've been late '08, early '09. I didn't get to go but I heard the chow hall was really good.

8. campperrykid

campperrykid New Member

They shifted over to A-stan after a short break. There first KIA in A-stan was an EOD NCO last winter.

9. campperrykid

campperrykid New Member

Congress is getting heavily involved in the USGI import issues .
    The Collectible Firearms Protection Act has around 120 sponsors total in Congress.
    There are millions of 1911 series pistols , M1 Carbines , and M1 Garands still in Allied hands in Asia .
    I'll do some checking and update the info.

10. tmoore912

tmoore912 Just a Man

I would love to get just one of those USGI 1911s.