Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mr. Codrea has gotten his hands on papers from BATFE . They are hysterical about the prospect of the free flow of 1911 pistols that are owned by US allies.
Too many good guns would drive prices down.
Google:
ATF : Surplus Korean Firearms ' pose threat to public safety...
Might not hurt to Goggle :
South Korean Zaytun Division South Kurdistan North Iraq .

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
As an aside, an influx of surplus guns would be good for the economy. Gunsmiths, parts suppliers, ammo suppliers, gun ranges and so on would benefit positively from each gun sold.

·
GPDO Commonlaw Spouse
5,514 Posts
Why would the BATFE care about the cost of guns? If they had a problem with cheap guns they'd write an unfavorable opinion on Hi-Point/Jennings/Bryco/Jiminez.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
HydroAuto said:
Why would the BATFE care about the cost of guns? If they had a problem with cheap guns they'd write an unfavorable opinion on Hi-Point/Jennings/Bryco/Jiminez.
Because there's a difference...BATFE doesn't want cheap "effective" guns in the hands of mere civilians...they have no problem with us buying junk guns.

Just like the stoppage put on US M1's and M1 Carbines...this is in the same line that BATFE and the AG's stance on firearms. Now throw in the new nominee for BATFE chief...

·
Registered
758 Posts
I think Ted Nugent would be a good chief!

·
Registered
593 Posts
I didn't google it, but am familiar with Zaytun. The 10th MTN Div band sent a ceremonial group up to FOB Zaytun to play a ceremony or two when the Koreans were pulling out. This would've been late '08, early '09. I didn't get to go but I heard the chow hall was really good.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congress is getting heavily involved in the USGI import issues .
The Collectible Firearms Protection Act has around 120 sponsors total in Congress.
There are millions of 1911 series pistols , M1 Carbines , and M1 Garands still in Allied hands in Asia .
I'll do some checking and update the info.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts