Walton versus Newton

Discussion in 'Ga. County Licensing Information' started by GA229SAS, Oct 27, 2007.

1. GA229SAS

GA229SAS Guest

Walton County did a good job with the process. Took about a month and a half. They do everything right in the main gov. office so you don't have to run around town to take care of the prints and everything.

Newton Co. though is the shizzle.

My friend got his in exactly one week :roll: His wife took about a week and a half.

Wow

2. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

3. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

That's strange. Walton County gave me the run around on when I would receive my license and kept trying to feed me the 4-6 month line. It took me tracking down where my license was at in the pipeline myself to call them on their lies (they were telling me that they were waiting on the background check) in order to get my license sent to me.

4. shamalama

shamalama New Member

My gentle bride, and one of her co-workers, applied on the same day for their GFL.

My bride got hers in Rockdale in just under 90 days. Her co-worker, in neighboring Newton, got hers in 7 days.

Absolutely amazing what crossing an imaginary jurisdictional dotted line can do.

5. GA229SAS

GA229SAS Guest

Yeah Newton seems to have their act together in terms of CCW.

6. Crazydave

Crazydave Member

I got mine in Newton in 2 weeks.I was kinda surprised when I saw it in the mail so soon....

7. RedBeard

RedBeard New Member

Aug 1 to Aug 7 from Newton.

6 days and that is counting the day I applied and the day I received it in the mail plus Saturday and Sunday.

Newton rocks other than the illegally asking for SSN bit.

Alas, I now live in Walton. My wife will soon be applying for her GFL. We are planning on having her join GCO before we go. I also plan on having her record the entire exchange.

Might be interesting.