Walton County

Discussion in 'Ga. County Licensing Information' started by binderd22, Mar 24, 2006.

1. binderd22

binderd22 New Member

It's been 5 months for me !! I applied on Oct 28, '05. I have called the county courthouse several times & each time I'm told they're waiting on the background check. The frustrating part is I'm a civilian employee for Dekalb County Police Dept !! All of my info should be readily available. Does anybody have any suggestions ?? :roll:

2. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

3. binderd22

binderd22 New Member

Thank you very much !! I'll let you know how it goes !!

4. binderd22

binderd22 New Member

Finally !!!!!

After calling Walton County Probate court, GCIC, AND the FBI...I have tracked down & received my CCW permit !! To make a really long story really short...Walton County had withheld my permit (after it had been approved) because the clerk transposed my name when she typed it. They tried to notify me by phone back in February, but my number had changed without leaving a forwarding recording. They tried to mail me a letter, but it got sent back because they mailed it to my work & the guy in the Dekalb County mailroom doesnt know me. But anyway...what's done is done and now I can carry my G-22 somewhere besides my truck console !!