Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went and applied on 1/6/11 for my GWL. It processed on 1/19/11 and came in the mail today.

And that takes into consideration that the Probate Court was shut down for 3 days because of the snow/ice.

:D

Back of the license just has in big bold letters "GEORGIA WEAPONS LICENSE".

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
William said:
Also I know a guy that has one that says it big red letters Georgia Concealed Carry Pemit on the back not sure about that one though.
That would really disturb me.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
GAGunOwner said:
William said:
Also I know a guy that has one that says it big red letters Georgia Concealed Carry Pemit on the back not sure about that one though.
ive seen 'em with "georgia firearms license" in red on the front, and "concealed weapon permit" on the back.

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
308sniper said:
GAGunOwner said:
William said:
ive seen 'em with "georgia firearms license" in red on the front, and "concealed weapon permit" on the back.
"Concealed" would really bother me. I think I'd go back and have them remove that.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
mtber1172 said:
GAGunOwner said:
"Concealed" would really bother me. I think I'd go back and have them remove that.
Just out of curiosity, why?
A Georgia Weapons License or a Georgia Firearms License has never been a Concealed Carry License. Open Carry and Concealed Carry have always been allowed in the State of Georgia, since the Jim Crow licensing system was set up.

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
mtber1172 said:
GAGunOwner said:
Because its simply not a concealed carry license. The GWL is required for open or concealed carry in this state. Having concealed on it could provide an ignorant LEO with false "ammo" against open carry. "Look you license says CC right on it." :roll:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here's a question for you guys........

I just noticed today that the "issue date" on my license says 1/19/10 (obviously a typo on the year), but the expiration date says 1/19/2016.

Should I take it back to the probate court and show them that the issue date is a year off? I'm just wondering if it will become an issue should I ever have to show an LEO my license. The expiration date on it is correct, just the issue date.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
mtber1172 said:
Here's a question for you guys........

I just noticed today that the "issue date" on my license says 1/19/10 (obviously a typo on the year), but the expiration date says 1/19/2016.

Should I take it back to the probate court and show them that the issue date is a year off? I'm just wondering if it will become an issue should I ever have to show an LEO my license. The expiration date on it is correct, just the issue date.
Hmm, yes, I would. Its an official government license, and you want everything to be exact on it. JMHO. YMMV.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
GAGunOwner said:
mtber1172 said:
GAGunOwner said:
Because its simply not a concealed carry license. The GWL is required for open or concealed carry in this state. Having concealed on it could provide an ignorant LEO with false "ammo" against open carry. "Look you license says CC right on it." :roll:
Ohh man, I could see that happening, too. Talk about a face palm situation. #-o

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
EJR914 said:
Hmm, yes, I would. Its an official government license, and you want everything to be exact on it. JMHO. YMMV.
Yeah, I think I'm gonna head up there tomorrow and see what can be done.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts