walmart

Discussion in 'GENERAL EVENTS' started by tony218, Aug 15, 2007.

1. tony218

tony218 New Member

well, i just got home from the walmart in stockbridge i ended up leaving
    empty handed because they no longer sell handgun ammo.
    i was told by the manager that all walmarts are going to stop selling
    it.
    i told her i would pass this along to the members of this site and
    any other i can.
    also told her they just took away the last reason i still shop at
    walmart.

2. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Yea, I switched to Bi-Lo...mainly because of the crowds during move in. But anyways, I doubt ALL walmarts will. They said that about guns. Whether or not a walmart sells guns is based on its location, I believe. Mail order, or the local shop/range seems to be the best way to go. Even if the prices are higher, you are supporting someone who (I think) supports you as far as firearms rights go.

3. ThetaReactor

ThetaReactor Active Member

The woman I talked to [whilst buying out the last of their .40S&W at $7 a box :D] said that only some stores are stopping. Some stores still sell rifles, too.

4. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

$7/box for .40 cal? WOW!!! I must go to WalMarx!!!

5. AeroShooter

AeroShooter New Member

me too!!! give details

6. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

$21.88 per 100 (WWB) is the cheapest here. The other cheapest stuff was CCI at $10 per 50 when I was in Orlando.

7. pro2am

pro2am New Member

I sent a note to Walmart's corporate about this...I'll let you know if anyone answers.

8. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:righton:

9. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

It seems like a bad business move for Walmart to decide something like this at a corporate level... Should be down to districts if not stores... Wow, sounds like a parallel to States' rights, almost.

10. triggerman357

triggerman357 New Member

You can get a Ruger Mini-14 at the Conyers Walmart for about $435. They still carry a good variety long guns and ammo.

11. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Statesboro walmart has guns and ammo. Snellville just has ammo.

12. pyromaster

pyromaster New Member

The one on Lawrenceville Hwy has plenty of ammo. I just picked up shotgun and pistol ammo there at lunch.

13. kestak

kestak New Member

Greetings,

I stopped to go to Wal-Mart a few months ago. Now I go to Sports Academy. they have the cheapest ammo arround with their (I think) Home brand Monarch in the green boxes.

Monarch is PRVI (Or whatever the letters are) under another brand name.

Thank you

14. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

The Roswell (Mansell), Alpharetta (Windward), and Cumming stores still have long guns an dammo.

15. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

The one closer to Lilburn (not far from Pleasant Hill) or Lawrenceville (near Lawrenceville-Suwanee I think)?

16. Macktee

Macktee New Member

The one on Windward in Alpharetta has taken out everything gun related. I think they're just not restocking as there were a few items still on the shelves. I talked to the guy in sporting goods and he was apologetic and not very happy as he now has to go to another store to buy stuff for himself.

He said it's based on location. Suburban stores = no guns. Yuppie area stores = nothing gun related. Country stores = same as always. He said they stock what sells and guns only sell out in the boonies, not in the cities. Or, at least, that's what he was told by his boss.

Thanks Wiley...

17. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired New Member

Maybe Wal-mart is feeling bad about underselling the small gun shops and is just trying to make things right....

:rotfl2:

Dang, I knew I couldn't type that with a straight face....

18. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Speaking of Walmart...

I wasn't going to talk about this and probably shouldn't, but WTF, we're all friends here...

Last week, while at Wal Mart and finding out about their gun policies, I was buying a large bag of Purina dog chow for Homer and Jethro, the wonder dogs. As I was about to check out, a woman behind me asked if I had a dog. #-o

On impulse, I told her that no, I didn't have a dog, and that I was starting the Purina Diet again, although I probably shouldn't, because I'd ended up in the hospital last time, but I'd lost 50 pounds before I awakened in an intensive care ward with tubes coming out of most of my orifices and IVs in both arms.

I told her that it was essentially a perfect diet and that the way that it works is to load your pants pockets with Purina nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry and that the food is nutritionally complete so I was going to try it again. (I have to mention here that practically everyone in the line was by now enthralled with my story.)

Horrified, she asked if I ended up in intensive care because the dog food poisoned me.

I told her no; I stepped off a curb to sniff an Irish Setter’s butt and a car hit us both.

I thought the guy behind her was going to have a heart attack, he was laughing so hard! :rotfl2:

Anyway, Wal-Mart won't let me shop there anymore!!! [-X

19. merlock

merlock New Member

I am glad that I wasn't drinking anything when I read that, Macktee!

:rotfl: