Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
68,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could not find this story from 2005 on this site, but many of you will recall that one of the first recipients of a firearms license under New Mexico's new law happened to be shpping in Walmart and saved a woman from a brutal stabbing death inside the store.

Here is an update.

From KOBTV4 ABQ NM
Victim wants to meet man who killed her attacker
The scene of the August, 2005, fatal shooting
Last Update: 11/30/2006 1:51:12 PM
By: Reed Upton

An Albuquerque woman whose ex-husband was stabbing her when he was shot and killed by a stranger says that she would like to meet the man who she feels saved her life.

“I just gotta give thanks that I’m alive and I would like to met Mr. Moore very soon because he is my angel and he did the right thing to save my life,†said Joyce Cordova.

Cordova was working in the deli at an Albuquerque Wal-Mart in August of 2005 when she was confronted by her ex-husband, 54-year-old Felix Vigil. Vigil was armed with a knife, went behind the counter and began stabbing her.

Due Moore, 72, who didn’t know either people (sic), happened to be shopping in the store at the time when he came across the attack.

Moore, who was among the first people in the state to receive a license to carry a concealed weapon, produced a nine-millimeter handgun and shot Vigil three times, killing him.

Moore, who didn’t want to be interviewed on camera, declined to meet with the woman who credits him with saving her life until any legal issues surrounding the incident are resolved.

Eyewitness News 4 spoke with the district attorney’s office on Wednesday and learned that the incident has just recently been ruled a justifiable shooting.
How many of you leave the gun behind when shopping because it is just too much hassle to bring it along?

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
My fiance at first didnt really understand why I would bring my sidearm EVERYWHERE I legally :wink: could.

After actually listening to the news then actually seeing some things differently, once I pointed them out to her, her opinion completely changed.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
My wife absolutely hates guns and frequently questions why I "need" to carry mine when I leave the house. I think this incident answers that question far better than any reason I might propose to her.

Thanks for the update.

What's difficult to understand is why it took so long for the DA to make a determination. Probably waiting to see which way the political winds were blowing...

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
How many of you leave the gun behind when shopping because it is just too much hassle to bring it along?
Never. I only leave home without my gun for one reason, and that is to go to school. Once I get back to the apartment, my Glock is back in the holster within ten minutes.

When I went back home for Thanksgiving break my Uncle from Kalifornia was visiting. I got the whole, "why do you need that thing?" line.

He didn't seem to mind me having it when my brother and I took his daughter and her friend to the mall so they could shop. I have to admit though....I went to the mall just so I could pick up my new OD Glock19. :D The gun shop just happens to be near the outlet shops, so when they found out where we were going they invited themselves.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts