Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Man of Myth and Legend
19,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chesapeake Va, a city in the Norfolk/Va Bch area.

Reportedly the store manage went into the break room, drew and shot up about 6 people. Some reports indicate he left there and shot a couple more. Apparently himself also, reports say he found dead with self inflicted wound.

Nemo

· Super Moderator
74,285 Posts
Briana Tyler, an employee at the Walmart in Chesapeake, told ABC News that she and her coworkers were gathered in the break room at the start of their shifts when the shooting happened.

"I looked up and my manager just opened the door and he just opened fire," Tyler recalled during an interview Wednesday on "Good Morning America."

"He wasn't aiming at anybody specifically," she added. ""He just literally started shooting throughout the entire break room and I watched multiple people just drop down to the floor, where they were trying to duck for cover or they were hit."

Tyler told ABC News the gunman looked "directly at" her and fired but "luckily missed" her head by "an inch or two."

"He didn't say a word, he didn't say anything at all," she noted. "I literally hadn't even seen him before that point. He just came around the corner and started shooting. The first person that was in his eyesight, he shot him down and the next thing you know, he just started rigging throughout the entire break room, but he did not say a word."

Tyler told ABC News that she had heard from other employees when she first started working there about two months ago that "he was the manager to look out for because there was always something going on with him, just having an issue with someone."

· Man of Myth and Legend
19,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Post #2 looks like a transcript of an ABC news interview. A cite would be good.

Nemo

· Man of Myth and Legend
19,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You provided the cite. I provided the quote. :D
Then note-- from link above.

News Conference ongoing now, on FoxNews. Shooter dead, believe self inflicted gunshot wound, using a "pistol".

Confirmed employee but did not confirm if manager or other. Referred that question to Walmart.

Nemo

· Man of Myth and Legend
19,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
CNN reports and commentary. Basically ban guns.

Nemo

· Man of Myth and Legend
19,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Reactions: mountainman444

· Member Georgia Carry
13,055 Posts
Gov. Youngkin is right that, "Heinous acts of violence have no place in our communities."

They also have no place at parks, concerts, zoos, public gardens, theaters, etc., yet they still occur.

Common sense says that if words on paper (laws against such acts) and police can't stop them, then you therefore must have the liberty to protect yourself in public.

Even most people with a license to carry don't do so on a regular basis, and often leave their guns in their vehicles even when they could carry them inside a building.

There's far more good guys than bad guys. If a bad guy knew he'd probably be put down within seconds, he'd think twice.

· Man of Myth and Legend
19,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

· Registered
3,881 Posts
As if anyone needed a reason not to shop at Walmart. This sort of thing never happens at Publix.
I was at walmart for an hour last night waiting on a pickup at store order.

There were no parking spots left and they were obviously swamped.

Still people kept getting out of their vehicles and going to the door and just giving them an overall hard time.

When the girl finally got to us you could tell she was flustered.

I really am trying to work on not judging people but yeah im wondering if people at publix or target wouldve acted that way.

· Old, Slow, Boring Dude
2,811 Posts
As if anyone needed a reason not to shop at Walmart. This sort of thing never happens at Publix.
No, but you might find a gun in the restroom at Publix!

That happened down here a few years ago at the Leesburg Publix. A handgun was left there by a Secret Service agent, one of Carter's detail.

A week later I was in that same Publix. I used the restroom and as I was coming out I saw a manager standing nearby. I asked him, "Y'all got any more guns?"

He laughed and replied, "Nope!"

· Registered
1,933 Posts
It’s a shame you didn’t find it. I bet Carter’s SS squad have nice pistols. Oh, never mind, probably a Glock.

Reactions: TimBob

· Old, Slow, Boring Dude
2,811 Posts

· Old, Slow, Boring Dude
2,811 Posts
1 - 20 of 41 Posts