Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't remember of they had just shotgun ammo or none at all before, but they've remodeled (and shrunk) the store, and now have this little guy:

I saw .22 lr, 25 auto, 38 spl, 9mm, .357 sig, .40 S&W, .45 ACP and several other handgun calibers and no less than 2 brands for each - prices a few $$ less than the local gun shops for target and defense rounds. They also had TONS of rifle and shotgun ammo - as well as a nice selection of cleaning supplies - more than I've seen at a Walmart before. Just took this photo last night.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Is that of US 41 or Chastain Meadows?

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Well-stocked compared to most WM's I've seen around here. Take advantage of it while you can.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,250 Posts
A lot of Wal-marts in urban areas don't have guns or ammo.
But a month or so ago, they opened a brand-new Wal-mart in Jasper, Ga.
That's way up in the north Georgia hills-- where hunting and fishing are 2 of the Ten Commandments.
And they have no guns or ammo.
An employee said they needed the space for other stuff.
Somebody else said that getting an FFL was too much trouble.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
gunsmoker said:
And they have no guns or ammo.
Are you sure, an employee I know said they did. I haven't checked yet, I did go in once but didn't need any.

Edit: I called the Jasper Walmart and they do indeed sell ammo.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
vr6glidriver said:
I can't remember of they had just shotgun ammo or none at all before, but they've remodeled (and shrunk) the store, and now have this little guy:

I saw .22 lr, 25 auto, 38 spl, 9mm, .357 sig, .40 S&W, .45 ACP and several other handgun calibers and no less than 2 brands for each - prices a few $$ less than the local gun shops for target and defense rounds. They also had TONS of rifle and shotgun ammo - as well as a nice selection of cleaning supplies - more than I've seen at a Walmart before. Just took this photo last night.
They've always had ammo at that walmart, just moved things around recently. Every walmart I go to is well stocked these days, cept for .45 and .380

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mygunstoo said:
Is that of US 41 or Chastain Meadows?
41 across from Los Reyes/behind Starbucks, Radio Shack ... Store #3471

jabara572 said:
They've always had ammo at that walmart, just moved things around recently. Every walmart I go to is well stocked these days, cept for .45 and .380
Did they have handgun ammo? I knew they had shotgun/some rifle... either way I'm glad they do now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts