Georgiapacking.org banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
68,147 Posts
AV8R said:
I grew up one town over from Baton Rouge. My sister lives there, as do a lot of friends, and my father in Amite. They all told of things that happened that the news wouldn't even report. Imagine 3 huge prisons releasing the most evil of criminals into your city. That's pretty much what it was like.
What it was like?

Target rich environment?

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
That was a pretty crappy thing for walmart to do.

·
Banned
6,624 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
What it was like?

Target rich environment?
My sister said that she didn't get more than two or three hours of sleep each night for a couple months. Every single little creak and noise put her into condition orange, save for a specific focus. And she's worked Probation/Parole down in the worse neighborhoods of New Orleans!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Where specifically, AV8R, Denham? I lived off of the I-12 Millerville exit in BR until Oct 05.

One of my closest friends has worked EMS/FD in New Orleans for seven or eight years. I volunteered to perch on top of Children's hospital with my M1A to ward off the drug seekers, but there was no way for me to get there :(

He has since started his firearm collection, and will not be voting for Guliani.

In general, MP, a bunch of F*cknuts flooded Baton Rouge. Traffic there still rivals 285 at 400 now. Not to come off as racist, but it was hispanics that dragged off the debris, not any of the displaced folks that were whining about needing money. $11 an hour to start at Wendy's, with benefits, and they pay even more on the Northshore 'round Slidell.

·
Banned
6,624 Posts
lsu_nonleg said:
Where specifically, AV8R, Denham? I lived off of the I-12 Millerville exit in BR until Oct 05.
Yeah, I grew up in Denham Springs til 11th grade then moved to Walker. I still haven't been to NO since Katrina except for flying a Doctor into MSY 2 days after Rita hit Lake Charles. I don't know how I will handle seeing NO all jacked up. Friggin depressing.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Adam5 said:
I was at the one on Hwy29 in Lilburn durring lunch. $14.88 for WWB 100rnd packs of 9mm. They were out of then though. They were also out of Blazer Brass. I'll have to go to Windward or Cumming tomorrow to get some.
You mean the store in Tucker? Just an FYI, I was there today, 9mm WWB 100rnd boxes are back in stock. Still no blazer though. I go in there once or twice a week just to check :lol:

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,739 Posts
That day I was at the one on Hwy 29 near Pleasant Hill in Lilburn. The one of Hwy 20 in closest to home and I've never caught them out of WWB 9mm. If i'm going on my lunch hour, I'll go to Lilburn. There is a location closer to my office, on Pleasant Hill in Duluth, but I refuse to go there. Th elast two times that I tried, I waited almost 45 minutes for someone in sporting goods, and had them paged 4 times. I won't spend my money at that location again.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts