Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
69,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From VCDL Alert:

27. Walmart Corporate says open carry (especially in VA) is OK!

A Virginia gun owner on packing.org received the following voice mail
from Walmart, which was then posted on the Internet. According to
the message, Walmart's policy is that open carry or concealed carry
is OK as long as it is legal in the state where the store is located.
Thanks to EM Mike Stollenwerk for forwarding the information:

http://www.reachtheworld.net/media/Walm ... y_Call.MP3

:righton:

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Excellent...I am now going to have to get a leather open carry holster.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Excellent, I love the tone of her voice "well of course you can!"

Better than Costco, guess I might have to go sams club next year (too bad they don't take AmEx though).

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
I've never had any trouble in Walmarts, I carry open whenever I am in Kentucky and no one has ever gave me so much as a second glance (just some long first looks :shock:)

·
69,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
69,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
5,798 Posts

·
69,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Malum Prohibitum said:
It sure would be nice to have a written policy statement to carry around like Home Depot's (anybody else print this out to carry with them?).
Last night, Cam Edwards, the host of NRA Radio (Patriot channel 144 on Sirius) read from a written Wal-Mart policy, so there is a written policy floating around out there somewhere.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to find it and post it here.

I tuned in during the middle of it, but it sounded like concealed carry was approved, but open carry may be questionable.

Let's get that paper!

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
http://deadbangguns.com/Coop/WalMart2.html

DATE: Friday, April 16,1999 2:13 PM

Subject: RE: Firearms

Thank you for contacting Wal-Mart regarding our concealed handgun policy. Wal-Mart was founded by Sam Walton on three basic principles. Strive for Excellance, Service to our Customers, and Respect for the Individual. It is that respect for the individual that led us to create the current policy pertaining to concealed handguns.

The following is our policy......If a Wal-Mart customer has been awarded a concealed handgun license by the state government, Wal-Mart will follow the direction of the state. However, if at anytime while on Wal-Mart property, that customer's concealed weapon becomes visible to Wal-Mart associates or customers, Wal-Mart reserves the right to ask the customer to either reposition the weapon so that it will not be visible, to remove the weapon completely or to leave Wal-Mart property, With the exception of law enforcement personnel, Wal-Mart does not allow any exposed weapons to be worn or carried in public view on Wal-Mart property or in Wal-Mart stores. Customers other than law enforcement personnel wearing or carrying a weapon in an exposed manner will be asked to leave the property immediately.

We appreciate your concern and trust that this message has addressed your concerns regarding this issue.

Thank you,

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Malum Prohibitum wrote:
It sure would be nice to have a written policy statement to carry around like Home Depot's (anybody else print this out to carry with them?).
Even though this is off topic for the thread, thanks for the Home Depot letter.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Rammstein said:
http://deadbangguns.com/Coop/WalMart2.html

DATE: Friday, April 16,1999 2:13 PM

Subject: RE: Firearms

Thank you for contacting Wal-Mart regarding our concealed handgun policy. Wal-Mart was founded by Sam Walton on three basic principles. Strive for Excellance, Service to our Customers, and Respect for the Individual. It is that respect for the individual that led us to create the current policy pertaining to concealed handguns.

The following is our policy......If a Wal-Mart customer has been awarded a concealed handgun license by the state government, Wal-Mart will follow the direction of the state. However, if at anytime while on Wal-Mart property, that customer's concealed weapon becomes visible to Wal-Mart associates or customers, Wal-Mart reserves the right to ask the customer to either reposition the weapon so that it will not be visible, to remove the weapon completely or to leave Wal-Mart property, With the exception of law enforcement personnel, Wal-Mart does not allow any exposed weapons to be worn or carried in public view on Wal-Mart property or in Wal-Mart stores. Customers other than law enforcement personnel wearing or carrying a weapon in an exposed manner will be asked to leave the property immediately.

We appreciate your concern and trust that this message has addressed your concerns regarding this issue.

Thank you,

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
Talked to a Wal-Mart zone manager (? I don't know the difference between zone or region or area managers) who said that concealed carry is not required if you have a license. This memo is way out of date with wal-marts policy. Their policy "follows each states law." (IE..AR or FL you HAVE to conceal per state law anyway) He is supposed to email me a corporate policy memo sometime next week. As long as you are licensed and CAN and DO provide the license if asked you are fine. I'll post the policy change as soon as I get it.

·
69,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Please get the policy in pdf from corporate headquarters in Benton, if possible.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
I asked for it in an easy to print format so my fellow members could read it and print it off to share with others. He was nice and very interested in GCO because he lives in AR and can't open carry. I gave him a card and the site here and we talked guns about 15 minutes before he told me who he was/what he did. Soon as I get it I will post it.

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
Can I get a nice big rousing " :censored: Wal*Mart!" ?

/just worked his last shift for the Evil Empire

·
Yukon Cornelius
11,768 Posts
i sadly had to go to walmart today, but i did walk out with a new ruger 10/22 stainless :p it was only 16$ more for the stainless than the standard since i went wally world

1 - 20 of 20 Posts