Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

Wal-Mart ammo is up

943 views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Adam5 
#1 ·
Stopped at Wal-Mart this morning and 9MM is now 15.72 for WWB target 100 count box, up about a buck. Talked to Stan (the dept. mgr.) and he said that CCI ammo went up less than Remington and Winchester, but they don't carry it.

Anyway, he sold me 5 boxes and dropped the price $1 per box for me. He also said that they (Wal-Mart, not just his store) ad match, so if you bring in an ad from Bass Pro or Dicks, they'll match the price.

#5 ·
FWIW:

I've been buying wwwb ammo for years, and generally it was simply because it was cheaper than anyplace else.. I think as they keep raising prices that might no longer be true..

The past couple of months I had been buying the Winchester 32cal. Q4255's which come in a box of 50 for (I think $17.99).. This new stubby round works great in my Seecamp, and is a good plinking round, much cheaper than the Speer Gold Dots I cc in it.

I stopped by a local gun store last week, AFTER buying another box of the Q4255's at Wally World, and lo and behold the gun store was selling the very same product for $12.95... Yikes..

Just wanted to suggest you might consider shopping for ammo at places you would ordinarily by-pass. Finding cheaper ammo in a dedicated gun shop than ww is a first for me.. But that gun shop has just acquired a new customer, and hopefully I can buy more than just one particular type of ammo from him.

IF you have a 32 Cal Seecamp check out the Winchester Q4255's..

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

#6 ·
Two hours ago (at the Walmart on Mansell) I bought a 250-pack of Rem. UMC range ammo in 9mm on sale for $35.XX (regular $40.XX). I got the last box of 9mm, but they had 3-4 more of .40 on the shelf.

#9 ·
Rammstein said:
Ramm I figured a smart fellow like yourself would have bought some copper futures ..... :wink:

Oh....just read that most of the 5.45 surplus was bought for about 5ct a round so the price will most likely go lower because of the huge glut of surplus out there now. Could be seeing about 7 ct a rd retail in a month or 2. This is a once in a lifetime shot at this cheap ammo.

#11 ·
DKing said:
I've managed to stock pile 8 boxes of the 200 round Federal .223 value packs. I see they upped the price but It's still the best deal out there. It's almost the same as just buying the brass at midway...
Have you found those locally? I heard the guys on AR15.com talk about them but I haven't seen at any of the WalMarts near me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.