Waffle House Robbing Crew Arrested in Forsyth County

Discussion in 'Crimes in Gun Free Zones' started by mountainpass, Sep 23, 2010.

1. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

Link

2. mountainman444

mountainman444 Active Member

Good deal. I was afraid this was going to turn ugly before they were caught. Way to go FCSD.

3. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

This was concerning to me, as I live ~1 mile from there.

I'm glad they were caught and hoe they get what they deserve.

4. TippinTaco

TippinTaco New Member

x2
    Just another reason I can't enjoy waffle house any time soon. When theres only one cook and one waitress and its 2 am and no one is there its begging to be robbed.

Let me ask you guys something. Hypothetically speaking if you were sitting and eatting how would you personally respond to this issue? You're taking a bite of your hashbrowns and boom the door flies open and in comes the perps with guns robbing the place? Just curious. If they make you lay down more than likely they will locate and see your firearm and take it or use it on you. So how would you respond?

5. DawgCountry29

DawgCountry29 New Member

Lots of determining factors there. It just depends

6. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

I leave them alone if they leave me alone and they are not shooting or, as best as I can determine, about to shoot someone. Any interference from me, unless absolutely necessary, risks making the situation worse, not better. However, if the situation shifts to where they could see and want to take my weapon, the situation changes significantly. I don't know if I can honestly say what I would do then. It likely would depend on the number of robers, the proximity to potential hostages, and any number of other variables. I would suggest that if you're unsure about your actions, then do nothing other than comply - odds are you'll be fine.

7. TippinTaco

TippinTaco New Member

My issue there is alot of people comply and alot of people die. The security guard at the publix, we arent sure how it went down but I'm sure if a robber had the up and up on himhe would've complied. My only issue is all the @#[email protected][email protected] what if's. what if this 19 year old kid gets full control. Me sitting in the corner, throws him for a loop and his next thought is to get everyone together. the moment we're together the whole thing escalates. Dont get me wrong I dont wish to ever kill anyone, but being unarmed and vulnverable in this situation is ALOT different than being ARMED. you have more options on the table. I guess until I'm in the situation I won't ever know nor will anyone else. I really think they should develope some training courses around a waffle house type robbery. Close proximity, 3 people in the place, perps come in to rob do what you gotta do to get out of this situation.. airsoft it out!!!

8. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

I think that the guard at the Ingles (I believe that it was the Ingles just up the street from me) was a personal situation - it made no sense to kill him and no one else was killed, which pointed to an inside job since everyone said he complied with the robbers. As it turns out, it was an inside job.

It is absolutely true that you don't know for sure how it will turn out. I would hate to think that I endangered others or others were harmed because I was carrying a firearm, but I also hate the thought of being a victim myself (hence my reason for carrying).

It is definitely a per-case situation as to whether or not I'm going to use my firearm. Fortunately the situation has never arose and hopefully never will.

9. Hock25

Hock25 New Member

Luby's Cafeteria, Killeen, Texas.

[I don't think you can predict compliance will lead to your survival.]

10. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

11. CoffeeMate

12. CoffeeMate

13. richav8ter

richav8ter New Member

What he said. Are they comeing for me. How's the backstop look. That being said I'll try to stay cool like Sam Jackson in Pulp Fiction. :D