Wachovia

Discussion in 'In the News' started by wsweeks2, Jul 8, 2007.

1. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

I sent an e-mail to Wachovia tonight after learning of another incident on their premises involving an armed subject. It is as follows:

I will provide updates as I get them.

2. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Well-written. I'd suggest sending a hard copy too. Maybe even handwritten. To me, that shows you took more time. I think the email in combination with a handwritten hard copy will be more effective than just one or the other. Where did you send it? You could try sending it to several higher up people to see what you can get done. Let us know what comes of it.

3. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

I have saved it and will be delivering a hard copy to the branch manager where I conduct my business. I will also be requesting the names of those up the chain from the branch manager to copy them as well.

4. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

Great letter :righton:

No way I would enter a bank unarmed. Keep us updated for sure!

5. kaizer

kaizer New Member

I am also a wachovia customer, they have been great as far as customer service but I whole heartedly disagree with this policy. May have to take my business somewhere else.

6. Axeman

Axeman New Member

I can't wait to see what happens.

Great job.

7. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:righton:

8. ahlongslide

ahlongslide New Member

:D Great Job!

But wasn't there an armed robbery at the Wachovia off of Chapel hill rd. in Douglasville, GA a while back too.

About a month ago I was closing my account there and the lady at the front desk said there had been a recent robbery and she was held at gunpoint, I told her she should get her GFL and she said that she had one but she wasn't allowed to carry while at work and neither were customers. I said "good thing I'm closing my account, because I'm carrying right now." She just smiled... and I left, never to return again.

The end.

9. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

I wish I had known about that so I could have included it. I think they'll get my point.

10. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Other Banks?

So does any bank have an official policy about allowing armed civilians? Let's not go asking them, because I don't want to do anything to cause them to "post" their propery if it's not already posted due to an oversight. But does anybody know of such a bank that has numerous branches in Georgia?

I told my Wachovia branch manager that I normally carry a firearm, and I would not agree never to enter their bank with it. And I did not promise them that I would not store an unloaded gun in my safe deposit box, although I think they made me sign for a copy of their rule book, which said it's against the rules to put guns (even unloaded ones), dead possums, live rattlesnakes, dynamite, or hazardous biomedical waste in their boxes. So I was fully aware of the policy shortly before I violated it. :lol:

11. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I carry (concealed) whenever I am in Wachovia.

12. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

I got a response back. Here it is:

I'll be following up with that address. If anyone has any info on any further Wachovia issues, please let me know so I can add them as well.

Thanks!

13. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I've said it before...the ladies at my Bank of America have no problem with my openly carried pistol.

14. Malum Prohibitum

But does that apply to any other Bank of America?

15. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I've been to a handful of BoA's and no one has ever given me the stink eye. All smiles.

16. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Notice they don't respond in writing and only give you a phone number. I believe that they are evading the request. I guess we'll see.

17. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I was sorta thinking the same thing. It basically looks like a form reply to me. Better than nothing, I suppose...

18. Malum Prohibitum

I was thinking that is permission to carry. :lol:

19. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member