VT Tech Shooter was Total Psycho

Discussion in 'In the News' started by jgullock, Apr 18, 2007.

1. jgullock

jgullock Active Member

Looks like the guy had been committed before and was a total wack job. Teachers threatening to resign unless something was done, crazy essays, etc. I see psych eval being added to the background check for purchase. This is one big **** sandwich and we're all gonna have to take a bite.

2. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Yea, that is nuts. I've been hearing about all that on the news today and the package of stuff that NBC apparently received from Cho. I wonder if my GFL application process will be slowed merely because I live near a college campus.

3. viper32cm

viper32cm New Member

Yeah, my first thought when I saw that was "Oh, this isn't good."

4. Taurus

Taurus New Member

I thought "history of mental illness" was already a pre-requisite that is searched, or maybe that is just for GFL..

5. jgullock

jgullock Active Member

Hey Taurus, what model you have?

6. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

This thread has the most appropriate title for what I am about to post.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18169776/

Foxnews is airing the videos now. This is one crazy mother fukcer.

In the pictures it is now apparent that he used, or at least had hollow points.

7. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

Yeah, that dude was well past the point of being out of his mind. For an English major... how he was talking... psssyychhooooo.

Hearing his story just validates every reason I have for carrying a gun.

8. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

as it should.

9. viper32cm

viper32cm New Member

Whoa, HE WENT TO THE FREAKING POST OFFICE

Somehow this makes me think a lot less of the VTPD.[/code]

10. maddog

maddog New Member

Hmm I also noticed knives and a hammer in the pictures too .... guess they will be banned too? ... lol

11. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

12. mmmTang

mmmTang Member

just watched the video on CNN.

WOW

This guy lived in his own world. And apparently he was on the bottom of that world too. I have seen some crazy stuff, but that is a special kind of crazy. I guess with 6.5 billion people, there's bound to be a few that are wired wrong.

I've got a final to write, but I can't stop thinking of that crazy little pos. That's just insane.

13. viper32cm

viper32cm New Member

A yup, +1000

14. lsu_nonleg

lsu_nonleg New Member

Everyone notice the class warfare/jealousy bent? Odd, considering his parents were dirt poor before they immigrated and started a dry cleaning business.

HELLO, you were a student at one of the finest educational institutions in the world.

Guess he watched too much Rosie. I noticed the reference to hollow points yesterday, and was waiting with bated breath for the "super deadly bullets" crap to stream from the media.

Yep, because religious icons go around whacking people whose greatest sin that day was getting an extra biscuit at breakfast. Way to go, psycho.

15. Foul

Foul New Member

If what I read is true and he had not only 2 restraining orders against him and was committed to a mental hospital, how the hell did he LEGALLY purchase those firearms?

16. lsu_nonleg

lsu_nonleg New Member

He got tabbed as a "danger to himself," not to others, which is apparently what triggers the creation of records in the criminal database that would turn up on the check.

And I believe he was not involuntarily committed, but voluntarily committed for assessment. The ex-cops may have a better idea, but I believe it's kinda like how they get you to convict yourself of DUI: either voluntarily commit yourself, or we will charge you with X.

17. Sharky

Sharky New Member

another point I am amazed at is the school allowing him to remain on campus. I havent been in college in a while, but heck our student conduct would throw our ass out of the school if we stalked anybody, or showed conduct such as stalking, disturbing written material in which even the teachers approached counselours.

So many factors and past actions, I wonder what their code of ethics for students states.

18. Sharky

Sharky New Member

well guess I found out why he was allowed to stay in school! From the boortz site.

Did you know that both houses of the Virginia legislature unanimously passed legislation within the past year or so that barred Virginia colleges and universities from expelling a student on the basis of mental instability? Virginia colleges and universities were also banned from suspending or expelling a student because of an attempted suicide or the expression of suicidal thoughts? Cho committed suicide on Monday. He took 31 people with him. The university knew he was a threat. Nothing was done.

wow that surprises me a little.

19. Taurus

Taurus New Member

Cindy Crawford...Ohh which Taurus Model... ;) It's a PT-111, AKA Taurus Millenium...They came out with the Millenium Pro a little while after, which I wish I bought instead, because only the 10 round mags work with mine...

20. Taurus

Taurus New Member

OK...That makes sense, in a senseless way.. :roll: There were tooo many signs here he WAS a danger to others...Which burns me up! Again , another situation of the results of a passive society....

One piece of legislature gets tossed out which would have allowed carry on campus, and another piece of legislation that keeps psycho's in school...Nice example of checks and balances... :banghead: