Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

Voting Results

1K views 29 replies 14 participants last post by  dam294 
#1 ·
Ok, where is that great site that keeps updates of the results. I can not find it!

#2 ·
There is nothing to see yet. after the polls close they will start counting

#5 ·
#13 ·
AV8R said:
Let me take this early opportunity to express my disgust at the whole (R) vs (D) thing. There were some really good candidates in our state that were neither (R) or (D).

:evil:
No kidding! I was listening to the radio on the way home and some guy was saying he voted for Deal because "He didn't like Deal's ethics, but he couldn't vote for Roy".... :twisted: :cantsay: ~I scream at radio~ "There was a third option moron!"

It's still early, but all those here who said a vote for the libertarian was a vote for Barnes.... HA! Did you see the numbers? A case could be made that the libertarians pulled the liberals off of Barnes. (But its still early)

#15 ·
At 9:15 PM CNN is conceding that the Republicans will win the house and Nancy will no longer be the Speaker of the House.
They are projecting the Republicans will win at least 50 seats in the house.

#17 ·
Fox News is projecting the Repulicans to capture the US House is what could be the largest transfer of seats since 1948. They are calling for more seats to move than in the Republican Revolution in '94. Fox is projecting 239 - 196 Republican - Democratic House Seats.

#21 ·
JiG said:
AV8R said:
Let me take this early opportunity to express my disgust at the whole (R) vs (D) thing. There were some really good candidates in our state that were neither (R) or (D).

No kidding! I was listening to the radio on the way home and some guy was saying he voted for Deal because "He didn't like Deal's ethics, but he couldn't vote for Roy".... :twisted: :cantsay: ~I scream at radio~ "There was a third option moron!"

It's still early, but all those here who said a vote for the libertarian was a vote for Barnes.... HA! Did you see the numbers? A case could be made that the libertarians pulled the liberals off of Barnes. (But its still early)
Maybe the third option wasn't good for that guy, either. I don't think having an L by your name means you're the right choice, any more than having an R or a D or an I do.

Speaking of the L's out there....so much for sending a message I guess. :sly: Looks like conservatism( in one form or another) is going to win most of the races.

#22 ·
Dude, I live in District 17 for my Senate race... Check out this GCO candidate for office slugging it out with the Democrat!

GA Senate - District 17
Candidate Votes Vote %
Rick Jeffares 4,266 50%
Jim Nichols 4,259 50%

I swear, if I have to deal with a Democrat when it comes to getting pro-gun bills passed this next session, I'm going to croak. Douglas was such a pro-gun guy for me in the past... I'm going to really miss him!

I know all the votes aren't in yet. I hope it swings the Republican way. Geeze, I campaigned for him as hard as I could, and I don't really know of anything more I could have done.

Who would have thought that there would be so many doggone democrats out here in such a rural area, but as I've seen from statistics, there are a lot of people sucking off the government teet out here.

Anyway, Congrats to all the Republicans on the boards tonight! It looks like ya'll murdered the Democrats this time around! Now if we can only keep this momentum going for 2012 we'll be golden!

Congrats everybody! :cheers: :drink: :righton:

#25 ·
Owl said:
JiG said:
AV8R said:

Maybe the third option wasn't good for that guy, either. I don't think having an L by your name means you're the right choice, any more than having an R or a D or an I do.

Speaking of the L's out there....so much for sending a message I guess. :sly: Looks like conservatism( in one form or another) is going to win most of the races.
:roll:

As I type: 82% precincts reporting:

Nathan Deal Republican 1,275,909 53.0%
Roy E. Barnes Democratic 1,035,811 43.0%
John H. Monds Libertarian 97,125 4.0%

By the end of this, I suspect OVER 100,000 GEORGIANS will have made a clear point.

School Superintendent is also very interesting:

John D. Barge Republican 1,276,157 53.5%
Joe Martin Democratic 993,319 41.6%
Kira Griffiths Willis Libertarian 117,137 4.9%

Already, over 117,000 Georgians sent the message.... we don't want democrat, we'll take republican, but they better be looking at leaning libertarian. No more talk about limited government, time for action. Small government now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.