Voting In Person - Mask Requirement?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by Phil1979, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Let's say this circus of cities and counties mandating masks in Georgia hasn't been settled by voting time.

Will masks be required to enter public buildings in order to vote? Sounds like a bunch of big class-action lawsuits waiting to happen if local governments pull the stunt of denying people their right to vote who decline to wear a mask.

Is Governor Kemp aware of this possibility? Can one of y'all who might have his ear get the word to him?

Or will he just issue a mask mandate right before voting time to pacify the local communist politicians?

2. Mstr-Chris

Mstr-Chris Well-Known Member

I voted in person for the primary election. No requirement then other than for the poll workers. Most pulling their masks down every chance they had. Interesting to see what will happen for the general election for voting in person.

3. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

If the gov't can suspend your free speech rights at a polling place,
    and your gun rights,

I'm sure they can infringe on any "right" you may have to dress yourself and choose what to wear, or not wear on your face.

So, there are NO "constitutional rights" involved.
    Without a constitutional right being infringed, and absent some statute that specifically gives you a cause of action under state or federal statutory law,
    what would be the basis of such a lawsuit?

4. Clark

Clark Active Member

Uh...9th and 10th amendments.

5. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

How about the voting rights act?

6. 45_Fan

45_Fan Well-Known Member

Dang. All the poll workers at my location are elderly retirees. It’d take a level of disrespect for human life that I plain lack for me to not wear a mask!

7. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

Violation of the Gov's executive order/acting ultra vires.

Phil1979 likes this.
  8. dhaller

dhaller Active Member

Careful... if you back the states into a corner they'll just call the mouth "a sexual organ" (certainly, one could make the case) and fold it into "public indecency".

The nose is a bit trickier, but hey, it wouldn't surprise me!

DH

9. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

You've heard of nose jobs aintcha? It covers alot.

Nemo