Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
I watch the watchers
12,886 Posts
Good linkage. I saved every one of those pictures to throw back in their faces.

·
Banned
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Forgot to add: This thread is looking at you, mb810293099738468937253759f9dh3u38n393jd9bzn295lndx9bvs42xevf8

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
AV8R said:
Forgot to add: This thread is looking at you, mb810293099738468937253759f9dh3u38n393jd9bzn295lndx9bvs42xevf8
OK, I'll state again as I did in the original thread, "I fully support the 1st Amendment".

Having said that, I also believe speech, from whatever angle, has consequences.

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Even as I type there is literally tons of it outside my home.

The vitriol and rhetoric has to go. It's causing emergencies all across the southeast.

By this evening I am expecting to have to fire up the generator which I have no doubt will add to global warming.

·
Die Hard GCO Recruiter
6,763 Posts
So will flipping a politician the bird be considered hate speech? :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Seems the left is in denial of their violent streak.

Yeah, commie pigs are like that.

And to think our 'gubment' used to pay me to kill commies.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
Don't Jump to Conclusions.
President Obama warns the nation not to jump to any conclusions about the motive behind Maj. Nidal Hasan's killing rampage at Ft. Hood.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,914 Posts
Thank you for posting that... she missed a lot of other good stuff from the left as well. :righton:

·
I watch the watchers
12,886 Posts
I wonder what conclusions are we not to jump to?

That he didn't intend to murder soldiers and citizens?
That his prayer immediately before exclaiming "Allahu Akbar!" had nothing to do with his religious beliefs?
That listing his place of birth as Virginia but nationality as Palestinian even though he had never visited the nation had any meaning?

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
mb90535im said:
How do you know what influenced this guy?

“At an event roughly three years ago, Rep. Gabrielle Giffords took a question from Jared Loughner, the man accused of trying to assassinate her and killing six other people. According to two of his high school friends the question was essentially this: “What is government if words have no meaning?â€

Loughner was ANGRY about her response â€" she read the question and didn’t have much to say.â€

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
Below is a quote from Chris Matthews....
You guys see Live and Let Die, the great Bond film with Yaphet Kotto as the bad guy, Mr. Big? In the end they jam a big CO2 pellet in his face and he blew up. I have to tell you, Rush Limbaugh is looking more and more like Mr. Big, and at some point somebody’s going to jam a CO2 pellet into his head and he’s going to explode like a giant blimp. That day may come. Not yet. But we’ll be there to watch. I think he’s Mr. Big, I think Yaphet Kotto. Are you watching, Rush?

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
Don't expect the media to recognize, or better yet, acknowledge their hypocrisy.

·
GeePeeDoHolic
6,425 Posts
The shooting is cause for the country to rethink parameters on free speech, Clyburn said from his office, just blocks from the South Carolina Statehouse. He wants standards put in place to guarantee balanced media coverage with a reinstatement of the Fairness Doctrine
http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2011 ... be-danger/

This kind of thing just turns my stomach.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
mountainpass said:
mb90535im said:
I never said I did. I said "maybe" in the original thread in response to a poster who asked "Did someone or something put him up to this?". Who knows other than the nutjob himself. He has apparently been a nutjob for some time. Who really knows what the straw was that finally broke the camels back and made him pick up his gun and go to Safeway last Saturday morning.

I still stand 100% behind the following statements that I have made in multiple threads since Saturday:

1) I fully support freedom of speech as found in the 1st Amendment
2) Speech has consequences

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
Rugerer said:
The shooting is cause for the country to rethink parameters on free speech, Clyburn said from his office, just blocks from the South Carolina Statehouse. He wants standards put in place to guarantee balanced media coverage with a reinstatement of the Fairness Doctrine
http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2011 ... be-danger/

This kind of thing just turns my stomach.
This is typical. It's people in office and those that have a podium to spread their vitriol and rhetoric that have been creating the division in the population. Now they are calling for restrictions on the First Amendment and 2nd Amendment. Which means it won't be enforced on them, but on everybody else as they can get around the laws they inflict on the public.

Despite Clyburn's position, law enforcement has not yet revealed any motives in the shooting.
Is he not jumping to conclusions? Doing what he has decided is the part of the problem, he is polarizing the public by suggesting limitations on free speech, one of our founding principles.

·
انا باتمان
11,745 Posts
From what I've heard, he hasn't said anything at all, perhaps even to his lawyers.

·
Banned
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
mb90535im said:
mountainpass said:
mb90535im said:
I never said I did. I said "maybe" in the original thread in response to a poster who asked "Did someone or something put him up to this?". Who knows other than the nutjob himself. He has apparently been a nutjob for some time. Who really knows what the straw was that finally broke the camels back and made him pick up his gun and go to Safeway last Saturday morning.

I still stand 100% behind the following statements that I have made in multiple threads since Saturday:

1) I fully support freedom of speech as found in the 1st Amendment
2) Speech has consequences
What's missing here are the implications you've made, and now you appear to be crawfishing.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
I'm not backing out of anything.

When someone asked if someone put the nutjob up to this, I responded with "maybe", and posted the Palin PAC ad as an example. I could also have chosen Sharon Angle's "2nd Amendment remedies" quote as a possible catalyst or one of Hitler's "anti-Jewish rantings".

Again, going back to "speech has consequences" whether inttended or not.

I thing something or some culmination of a series of things probably tipped this guy over the edge to go from acting goofy to shooting. We don't know what that was. I would speculate that it was "maybe" political in nature, but I have no way of knowing. "Maybe" it was simply that her grammer skills didn't measure up.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
mb90535im said:
"Maybe" it was simply that her grammer skills didn't measure up.
"Maybe" it was grammar.

I'm just saying there is a lot of debate going on right now with much finger pointing with zero proof that he was influenced by anyone.

Based on all the information available it was probably the voices in his head.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts