Virginia

Discussion in 'National Laws, Bills and Politics' started by Malum Prohibitum, May 7, 2005.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Although its laws are not perfect, open carry into local government buildings and meetings sure is cool. Check out the story of whiney guy, though.. Who thought this country was raising full grown men who tremble at the sight of a gun in a holster? Well, unless the carrier is in uniform, I guess. Oh, and a mention of VCDL, as well!

http://timesdispatch.com/servlet/Satell ... 5855934842

2. Kahr Driver

Kahr Driver New Member

Well...

The second ammendment was, in part, included in the Bill of Rights to give citizens protection from the government, not just critters and criminals. This is the way it should be across the country.

3. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

You mean a man brought a gun into the meeting and no one got hurt. Wow! Now that's what I call gun control! :lol:

Seriously, I don't understand what people are thinking. One guy was quoted in the article as saying "If you don't know, it doesn't bother you" refering to people carrying guns. If he is disturbed by the sight of a man carrying a holsterd weapon, how does he make it through life? I hope the poor guy never has to be around a gathering of LEOs; he might drop dead from fright.

4. Malum Prohibitum

"I hope the poor guy never has to be around a gathering of LEOs . . ."

I would suspect that the site of his "betters" carrying guns would no more distress him than the serf's sight of his lord's sword.

Just a guess.

5. Malum Prohibitum