Violent crime on the rise in major cities

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by pro2am, Mar 9, 2007.

1. pro2am

pro2am New Member

From Foxnews: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,258003,00.html

IMHO, this gives the Feds ammunition in passing gun control bills, not to mention state legislatures.

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

What? Why?

Are these federal laws being broken, or does it just sound good to spout this sort of noncense to an ignorant public that does not know the difference?

3. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Shall I apply for Secret Service protection now? :lol:

4. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

I'm sure a few more laws will stop those criminals dead in their tracks!

I've heard that this rise was coming. From what I heard, and it makes a lot of sense to me, is that our population of 18-24 year olds is increasing. Since they are the biggest problem demographic, just the fact there are more of them should cause crime to rise... which it did.

Personally, I also lay a lot of blame on our busted juvenile system. Kids these days know they are nearly untouchable. Many jurisdictions have a points system where a juvenile can commit X number of offenses before he is locked up. Older, seasoned criminals know this and recruit them to be mules or carry out the more lucrative crimes, such as Breaking and Entering. I say we start treating these kids as adults, with every violent felony being tried in adult court. Of course that's my opinion, but I see a lot of kids and they scare me.

I don't know if more relaxed CCW laws would show a huge positive increase, but it would sure make ME feel a lot better!!!