Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
68,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, judge for yourself. Is this justified?

The officer lied, that is undisputed now.

Why did it take 19 months to release this video?

And only then does the officer get 30 days off without pay?

Is the chief still backing this guy? Surely the chief saw the video before it was publicly released?

Video of officer shooting unarmed man at link.
http://blogs.chicagotribune.com/news_co ... weems.html

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
What I find most disturbing about this incident isn't the cop killing a guy or the department covering for him or the lack of consequences for his actions, his partner's actions or the supervisors who lied about it all. No. What I find most disturbing is the fact the Chicago PD is far less corrupt and out of control than it was in years past...

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
Macktee said:
What I find most disturbing about this incident isn't the cop killing a guy or the department covering for him or the lack of consequences for his actions, his partner's actions or the supervisors who lied about it all. No. What I find most disturbing is the fact the Chicago PD is far less corrupt and out of control than it was in years past...
That is a scary thought.

·
68,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dan H said:
Do they really show the video of this???
Yep. Click on the link. You can also read what the officer claimed happened while you are watching the video.

It is really interesting how people were running from the cop even before he shot and calling 911 to report that he was a "stickup man."

·
Registered
780 Posts
Hand him over to the public for a little street justice.
If government types enjoy various immunities (both "legal" and "good-ol'-boy club" types) to protect them "in the performance of their jobs", then when blatant atrocities like this happen, the public should get to be the judge, jury and executioner.

·
68,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Foul, I love that signature line by Kurt Russell.

·
Registered
780 Posts
hehe... :twisted:
One of my favorite lines in a movie ever...and probably one of his "least speaking" rolls in a movie ever too. :p

·
68,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Malum Prohibitum said:
Does posting this make me anti-LEO?
OK, in the interest of not pulling this thread Off Topic, I have started a new thread in Off Topic.

·
68,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh, you just saw this for the first time?

·
68,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What are you complaining about? More than a year and a half after the "incident" they gave him 30 days off without pay.

·
68,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
"[Police Supt.]Cline scorned those who would play "Monday-morning quarterback" after such a split-second act."

·
68,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
" . . . Cline later promoted Weems to detective, according to police spokeswoman Monique Bond . . ."

·
68,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
" . . . the undersigned concludes that the member’s actions were in compliance with Department procedures and directives."

1 - 20 of 27 Posts