Vidalia bank burglarized, worker shot

Discussion in 'Georgia Crime Reports' started by phantoms, Oct 28, 2010.

1. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

Rest of story at http://www.wtoc.com/Global/story.asp?S=13394933 and http://www.wtoc.com/Global/story.asp?S=13399145.

2. AV8R

AV8R Banned

I guess there wasn't one of those magic "no guns" signs on the door, or this would have never happened.

3. TippinTaco

TippinTaco New Member

right next to it should've been a sign:

[​IMG]

4. AV8R

AV8R Banned

Genius!

Ahhh... hindsight's a bitch, ain't it?

5. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

Why didn't this bank have an alarm that would have notified LE of a break-in? The burglar broke into the bank through a window and then waited for employees to arrive in the morning and open up.

BTW, I have no idea if they have gun-buster signs on this bank. I do not even know if they are anti or pro carry.

6. slammy

slammy New Member

Wow that's getting close to home! I shop at McCord's for ammo and have even left some GCO flyer's there.

7. bgs210

bgs210 Luggage Killer

Slammy,

Very close to home...

I work in Vidalia and came by about 7:15.

BLUE LIGHTS everywhere!!!

According to Rumor Mill:

Employee M had opened the front door and turned off the alarm
    BG broke in the window and enter the side
    Employee B then opened the back door and encounter BG
    BG demanded B. to open the safe
    B. said "I can't"
    BG shot B. (in thigh) and began to pistol whip B.
    M. tried to encounter the BG but wound up "covering" B.
    BG threatened to kill both B. & M.
    M. threw BG his truck keys and said "Take my truck, just leave us alone"
    BG abandoned M.'s truck just down the road from McCord's
    Dogs were not able to track BG from there.....

8. bgs210

bgs210 Luggage Killer

Oh, and for the good news:

B. has been released from the Savannah hospital and has been posting on FaceBook :righton:

9. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

A sign in English? First, the perp would need to be able to read, then would have to know English. Too many variables there.

10. Ditchdoc

Ditchdoc New Member

Bgs210 that is the same version I was told. I carry in that bank all the time although it's always concealed. I talked to them yesterday and B is at home doing good.

11. bgs210

bgs210 Luggage Killer

Roy??? this you? :lol:

12. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Was B disarmed by corporate policy?

13. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

FBI released pictures, but they leave alot to be desired.

14. Ditchdoc

Ditchdoc New Member

Nope I'm Jason.

15. Ditchdoc

Ditchdoc New Member

MP I'm pretty sure B is one of the ones who make the corporate policy I'd say that's a very good question. Maybe if there is a no guns policy in place it may change soon.

16. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Man, this bad guy was a real dumb jackass. I know I worked at a bank before, so I know this, but all money is in the vault, vault is on a time-lock, and it takes two employees with keys to usually open the vault. Then after that, it takes different keys to access cash inside the vault.

So the idiot shoots the poor guy in the leg? I mean I guess he's lucky that he didn't just execute both of them, there was nothing stopping him besides maybe two murder one wraps. Heck, they are so soft on armed criminals in the judicial system, he would probably have just gotten life for that. He'll get at least, what, 20 years if he's caught for the armed robbery and aggravated assault. Maybe more.

I sure hope the VP will change company policy on employees carrying in his bank, but I won't hold my breath. I mean some of you may know this VP personally, but one thing is for sure, there are very few businesses or banks for that matter that want people to actually have the means to defend their lives.

They'd rather them just be good sheep and let the criminals have whatever they want, including your life if they feel like it. Makes me sick, but its hard to change minds.

Their excuses are usually, most armed robberies end up with nobody being killed if you just give them what they want, a employee with a gun could cause a shootout plus more shooting, and others in the bank will get shot or killed in the bank during the shootout (collateral damage), and some crap about insurance costs, citizens don't have qualified immunity if thing go bad, blah blah blah, ect. Believe me, doing everything an armed robber tells you to do does not ensure that you will not be shot or killed by said armed robber. Its just not a fact. I had an armed robber try to kill me, so I should know.

I hope for his and the employees sake that he allows employees to start carrying, but I won't hold my breathe. However, they do say that a pro-gun person is just a anti-gun person who has been held up at gunpoint. I know the experience changed my life for ever. Its the reason I carry everywhere today.

17. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

IMHO, it was a big mistake taking armed guards out of the banks. The reasoning was that it's safer to just give the criminals what they want after a few high profile bank robberies. In the end what it did was create more robberies, with the criminals knowing that they wouldn't face armed guards. In reality, I think in most instances it was just an excuse to cut a paying position to save the bank money.

Now days it really doesn't matter though, as thugs will shoot unarmed people just the same.