Victim Killed During Armed Robbery in Va-Hi

Discussion in 'Georgia Crime Reports' started by moga, Nov 23, 2010.

1. moga

moga New Member

Armed pedestrian robberies have been epic in the Virginia Highland area this year. At first, the cops simply advised people to be careful. Clearly they didn't want to cause alarm. Then the story was headlined about the handsome bandit a few months ago, remember? Now a man has been shot dead on Virginia Ave while being robbed. Things have gone from bad to worse to murder in a very short span.

http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/man-sho ... e=rss_news

2. Mr_Z

Mr_Z Member

so, which is it?

3. moga

moga New Member

High crime area, since spring 2010. Low crime area generally. The citizens are shocked because usually they've been insulated from the crime trends of the city at large.

4. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

this area has been high crime area for car theft for at least 10 years
    right out of the driveway

5. moga

moga New Member

Perhaps, but not a high crime area for armed robbery. There have been several dozen this year alone.

6. suttree

suttree New Member

It would be my guess most of the residents of this neighberhood will try to figure out how to help the criminals so they don't have to rob the residents anymore. I'm just guessin'.

7. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

Arrests

8. mountainpass

Very detailed site: http://virginiahighlandconnect.org/2010 ... and-crime/

9. Marine6212

Marine6212 Active Member

I will say anything you fine folks want to hear so I can keep my job!

Marine6212

10. AtlantaJames

AtlantaJames New Member

As a resident of Grant Park I can tell you I'm very pleased with his and or the APD's efforts on this rash of robberies and home invasions. They had daily road blocks in the area after this happened and had a sweep in cooperation with DOJ and GBI which netted 230+ perps including suspects in these robberies and ultimately this asswipe. This is a much different response than we saw from that empty suit Pennington. At some point someone in this admin or on the force said, "We're getting every last one of these mother****ers and that's that and they did. Hats off to them for a job well done.

11. AtlantaJames

AtlantaJames New Member

Don't bet on it. We're all fed up and from conservative to liberal, many of us are packing heat. All we want is for this guy to go to the graybar hotel in perpetuity, or take a ride on the lightning.

12. moga

moga New Member

Howdy neighbor! Cudos to Turner and APD for the increased effort they've put forth are certainly due. Glad to hear that folks in GP are agreeing to take care of themselves too. Over in south Ormewood Park, its a touchy subject, with many people's politics still preventing them from making an objective assessment of the situation. It's not easy for folks to completely rearrange their paradigm of personal safety, even when the threat real and ever present. East Atlanta village is completely another ball game though.

The real problem in Fulton county is not so much with enforcement as it is the criminal justice system IMO. Many of these outlaws should not have the light of day to see. The PD is arresting the same perps over and over. We've got to change the way we sentence them, especially the juveniles.

13. mountainpass

link

14. mountainpass

But he was still released.

15. moga

moga New Member

:groupprotest:

16. AtlantaJames

AtlantaJames New Member

+1,000,000,000,000

17. mountainpass

The Suspect Slipped Through the Cracks

18. mountainpass

link

19. NewShooter

NewShooter New Member

So... how does a Paroled Felon take off his ankle bracelet and not go to jail immediately? How does a Parolee that fails to report to his Parole officer not go to jail until MONTHS later?

Well that's just the understatement of the year. Seems pretty negligent to me.

I won't even go into the waste of skin the sister is... :cantsay: