VFW In Jonesboro

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by Confederate Tyrant, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Would the VFW locations be considered "Government Buildings" that house a "Government Entity"? I ask because I am going to take the Hunter Safety Course and just needed to know if I should go unarmed or not.

Thanks.

2. BG_Atl

BG_Atl Active Member

Someone chime in here... but to the best of my knowledge, the VFW is a private 501c service
    organization and NOT a government agency.

3. TimBob

TimBob Old, Slow, Boring Dude

Yea, I think they are officially a private organization. Their web site is VFW.org (NOT .gov)

4. Has anyone had experience where they carried while attending?

5. Tubbith

Tubbith Member

I know the in Jonesboro has a bar in it. I dont know if it makes a difference or not and I cant speak on carrying there since I was unarmed for the week I had to be there.

6. inkdaddy

inkdaddy Member

Most VFW's are closed to the public and are only open to members.....there are a few that are open to the public....these are generally ones that generate very low revenues from bar and other functions....either way most if not all do have a bar and serve alcohol. You would be best suited by asking permission of the Post Commander.

7. Gunfixer69

Gunfixer69 New Member

I have open carried in the VFW in Carrollton and had no problems. Nobody mentioned that it was illegal, and most people told me they were proud to see young people exercise the rights the fought for.

8. Thanks for all the responses. There is a bar right as I walked in so I figured I'd leave it in my car.