Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would the VFW locations be considered "Government Buildings" that house a "Government Entity"? I ask because I am going to take the Hunter Safety Course and just needed to know if I should go unarmed or not.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Someone chime in here... but to the best of my knowledge, the VFW is a private 501c service
organization and NOT a government agency.

·
Old, Slow, Boring Dude
2,491 Posts
Yea, I think they are officially a private organization. Their web site is VFW.org (NOT .gov)

·
Registered
948 Posts
I know the in Jonesboro has a bar in it. I dont know if it makes a difference or not and I cant speak on carrying there since I was unarmed for the week I had to be there.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Most VFW's are closed to the public and are only open to members.....there are a few that are open to the public....these are generally ones that generate very low revenues from bar and other functions....either way most if not all do have a bar and serve alcohol. You would be best suited by asking permission of the Post Commander.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have open carried in the VFW in Carrollton and had no problems. Nobody mentioned that it was illegal, and most people told me they were proud to see young people exercise the rights the fought for.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts