Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome home.

To those still serving, here or overseas, stay safe and come home.

Interesting perspective from Lee Greenwood, on why he wrote "God Bless the USA":

I didn’t serve in the military, my father was in World War II right after the bombing of Pearl Harbor he joined the Navy but it wasn’t my calling. I was 3A in the draft and now we have an all-volunteer army. So people who sign up for this I recognize that there’s such a tremendous sacrifice. Not just the duty and away from home a lot, because we’re away from home a lot with our country music tours we’re gone sometimes 200-300 days a year but they’re gone for two or three years at a time. And may not see a child that was just born or something so it’s really, I recognize the sacrifice, so I just do all I possibly can to honor our veterans and this new assignment as ambassador for the DAV I can’t tell you how proud I am to do this.
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2016/11/11/lee-greenwood-on-how-wrote-his-patriotic-anthem-god-bless-u-s.html

·
NRA Instructor
3,391 Posts
Well I said this the first time I heard it and I will say it again. That song should replace our National Anthem because it is so much more fitting than the one we have now.
It's not that I don't respect or accept the reasoning and meaning behind the current. This one is of today for today and each new day it will be for it.

To my brother who served in the army and currently resides in Alabama, to my brother who served in the USAF and was buried at sea in 1971 after being shot down over Vietnam, and to all vets who have served in war and peace.

Thank you....

·
Deplorable bitter clinger.
5,696 Posts
Thank you, veterans. I salute you all.

This is one of my favorite Ronald Reagan videos, about the price of freedom.

DonT
Retired Army officer, 1980-2000

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Thank you, veterans. I salute you all.

This is one of my favorite Ronald Reagan videos, about the price of freedom.

DonT
Retired Army officer, 1980-2000
One of my favorite speeches of all times. I took my Dad up to IHOP and we got our free "red, white and blue pancakes" with about 100 other vets. I even carried on a fabulous conversation with a BLACK man and it didn't involve politics or not a single word about racism!!! Just a few "old heads" telling stories and remembering those that aren't around anymore. It was one of the most enjoyable times I have had in a very, VERY long time.

And for those of you that have or are still serving...THANK YOU.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great video, thanks for posting.

Another Reagan quote, which I happened across after watching the one you posted.

There can be no real peace, while one American is dying some place in the world for the rest of us.
Compare that to hillary's "what difference does it make" comment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts