Veteran liberates American flag flown below mexican flag

Discussion in 'National Laws, Bills and Politics' started by phaed, Oct 24, 2007.

1. phaed

phaed Active Member

I enjoyed this. This man gets a "hooah" from me.

http://mpinkeyes.wordpress.com/2007...can-flag-flown-under-mexican-flag-in-protest/

2. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

I Don't Like It

This guy was unnecessarily confrontational, and I didn't like the way he waved that big combat knife around, daring anyone to mess with him on his mission.

Second point, why do y'all assume that flying the U.S. flag right under the Mexican flag was intended as an insult? Do you really think the Mexicans who own this business know the laws of flag display per the U.S. Code? How about the idea that they put up our flag to show that they also welcome Americans into their Mexican supermarket or whatever kind of shop they're running? Maybe they wanted to put up both flags, but only had one pole, and just stuck their flag on top without really giving it much thought?

Obviously if they DID think about it, they are sending a message that they consider themselves "Mexican" first and foremost, and any connections they have to U.S.A. take second place.

Okay. Big flippin' deal. That's their opinion and they're welcome to it. I'm sure many more of them feel the same way. So somebody doesn't like you as much as they like their own people and the land they were born in. Toughen up. Deal with it like adults. We don't need to confront them with 6" bladed fighting knives, cutting down the flags that they put up on their building, their own property.

3. phaed

phaed Active Member

please tell me that was poorly relayed sarcasm

i'll give you that the guy was confrontational. he was spun up and nervous. but the rest...you gotta be kidding me.

4. fallison

fallison Guest

Re: I Don't Like It

Then they need to go the :censored: back. We don't need immigrants that don't want to be Americans.

5. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

Personally, I wish all of you would go back and give me back the land that was taken from my mother's people (she is half Seminole, although you couldn't tell it from looking at me).

The above is sarcasm by the way, in case anyone is wondering.

As to hyphenated Americans, I will tend to agree with Theodore Roosevelt in that we aren't some polyglot boarding house, but you have to agree that Gunsmoker is correct.

There are many reasons that the Mexican flag could have been flown above the American one. The guy could have even intended his flying of the flag to be a patriotic gesture while still showing his cultural pride as well. Or he could have intended it as a swipe at America. We don't know and in the end, his intentions whether honorable or not are completely irrelevant.

It was his flag. It was flying on his pole. On his property. Another man used a knife to cut down his flag and then while waving the knife issued a challenge to anyone who wanted to take the flag away from him. Eventually this man left with the property owner's flag.

Theft occured here, not patriotism.

6. phaed

phaed Active Member

The only theft that is going on is American lives, American culture, American property, and American money...by illegal immigrants. Look at crime statistics for these people. Look at the drain on our economy from lack of insurance and taking American jobs they cause. Look at how schools are being forced to teach Spanish as a first language by local populations. And don't tell me it doesn't bug the hell out of you that you have to "press 1 for English" every time you call some support center, or use an ATM now. Left unchecked, they will eventually prove to be a bigger threat to our nation than any suitcase nuke or dirty bomb ever was.

Anyone that goes to the trouble of putting up a pole and flying Old Glory day after day knows the protocol. Especially in that region, where there have been quite a few high profile flag issues (i.e. the "mexican terrorist" burning the flag, flying our flag upside down at the school, etc).

No, I don't "have to agree with Gunsmoke". Let's put the disrespect to our national symbol aside for a moment. Let's put aside the fact their actions were illegal. From just a philosophical standpoint, how much sense does it make to move to a country, only to bitch about how much better their home country is? How much sense does it make to move to a country, and demand that they change to meet your standards? Say we let them off with this being a first amendment right of protest. Then, I'm exercising mine to call a spade a spade, and a piece of **** a piece of ****.

p.s. maybe you didn't pick up that the guy was scared of being on camera. my guess is that there was a reason for that.

7. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

If you share, I'll share. :cheers:

8. SigP229

SigP229 Active Member

Here :popcorn: cheers :cheers:

9. gunsmoker

At the very least

this angry veteran should have taken a few extra seconds to re-tie the rope that he'd cut to "rescue" the American flag from that dishonorable position it had been in, and then he should have hoisted the Mexican flag back up over that Mexican store run by Mexicans in a Mexican section of an American city that used to be a Mexican city, in Mexico, until we took it from them following a war in the 1830s.

Instead, the American dude left the Mexican flag in a crumpled heap on the sidewalk. That may have been a deliberate insult, or merely the consequence of wanting to finish his "mission" and leave the scene quickly. But I think he could have treated that other flag better than he did. Again, it he was unnecessarily confrontational.

10. jgullock

jgullock Active Member

HEY!!! Throw another bag in the microwave for me will ya! :popcorn:

11. fallison

fallison Guest

Re: At the very least

And if the Mexican that owns the Mexican store and the rest of those that make up the Mexican section of an American city like Mexico so much better than America, they are free to pack their bags and move the hell back to Mexico. And don't let the door hit them on the way out. As I said before, there are plenty of people in this world that want to come here to be Americans. We don't need any immigrants that don't.

12. LazyByNature

LazyByNature Guest

Sarcasm noted, but today's American Indians, Mexicans, etc... migrated from Eastern Europe over the ice bridge from Russia to Alaska during the last ice age and spread out over North and South America. So, no one is really "native" to the American continent.

13. blind_shake

blind_shake Well-Known Member

Re: At the very least

I think he did exactly the right thing, other than maybe folding it "stars out". I would've left the Mexican flag laying on the ground or worse, with a size 12 Bates USMC combat boot foot print on. The Mexican government has never been an allie and never will be. Oh and in the Mex/American war the US calvery drove the Mexicans back all the way to Mexico City square. I think that is where OUR border should start not atthe Rio Grande where we compromised and gave them their land back.

They didn't give us the respect of flying our flag on OUR land why should he have given them the curtasy of seeing their flag rehoisted solo over an American city?

If they want the city back... COME AND TAKE IT![​IMG]

http://www.comeandtakeit.com/txhist.html[/quote]

14. gunsmoker

They Did

Quote:
    They didn't give us the respect of flying our flag on OUR land why should he have given them the curtasy of seeing their flag rehoisted solo over an American city? End Quote.

Actually, those guys running the Mexican supermarket DID have the USA flag flying right underneath the Mexican flag on the same pole. Is that as bad as stomping on the Mexican flag? Or just leaving it blowing down the sidewalk like so much trash (notice how the Mexican store guys recovered it and took it indoors).

Nah, the crazy old coot with the Santa Claus beard and the K-Bar knife is more wrong.

(Hey, pass the popcorn over this way wood ya?)

15. blind_shake

blind_shake Well-Known Member

How about we muster up some patriotism and pride for our country and stop defending foriengners who disrepect our laws and customs by coming up with excuses and speculation for their actions. I remember a time when Americans would not have stood for actions like these that seems to be common place today [like putting a Mexican flag over an American flag]. We have become such a liberal sociallistic society that we have lost the fundamentals that our country was based upon.

So what's your excuse for the Mexicans that did this? Let me guess they had a flat tired and was in disstress? or is this indefensable?
    [​IMG]
    Where do we draw the line? When do we say enough is enough? Some people [like me] have already said it.