Vector V-51 SBR

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Malum Prohibitum, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

2. Malum Prohibitum

HRmph. YOU have to click on H&K Style Rifles, and then .308. It is the first picture.

The collapsable stock is in accessories. 8)

3. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Personally I like the V51 pistol, but I'm not sure what it would be like ti fire a .308 pistol. :shock:

4. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

I've got one of their AK's. It's a pretty high quality firearm with a 5 year warranty.

I bet an SBR in .308 would pretty much blow out your eardrums in say, a home defense situation. I also think it would be a blast (pun intended) to bring to an indoor range and cut loose!

5. maddog

maddog New Member

a .308 pistol ... hmm sounds almost like the casulls 454 from a few years back?

6. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

Personaly I like the PDW(sbr) or even the SP89K. I heard though that they get their recievers from Special Weapons, who from what research I have done, have very poor quality of work. The guy that owns Special Weapons(Todd Bailey), also owns, or his wife owns, several other companies that make HK clones.

Here is some info. dated 04/05/2006
    http://www.arizonaresponsesystems.com/n ... agesw5.htm

Basically this guy is explaining why he refuses to work on any of Todd Bailey's HK clones.

*disclaimer* I have never owned or fired any of vector arms, or any other HK clone manufacturers, firearms.

7. Malum Prohibitum

Do you have any information on whether the rifle caliber receivers Vector uses for its SBRs (like the V-51) are of poor quality manufacture?

8. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

no emperical data yet but some post by others
    From the High Road Forums
    http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=198841

I would seriously doubt this claim mainly due to Vector's reputation, but also due to each design being chambered in different calibers. The Bobcat is a copy of the HK design, but the Vulcan I believe is not however. The Vulcan design is a straight blowback design and is only an MP5 clone in terms of appearance. From what I have heard, Vector is supposed to make a high quality clone of the MP5 and the problems have been associated with the Vulcans.

Ohio Rapid Fire is also supposed to make a decent copy of the MP5 in 9mm, but I have not heard of any reviews yet. Almost all of the clones that I have heard of have been well over $1000, so I would expect to pay a good chunk of change.[/quote:3egcxfnd]

Recoil is on par or less than an average G3. No problems at all. It ejects brass more forcefully due to the shortened bolt carrier/action.

Muzzle blast is louder in the bass range. Flash is non-existent - the V51 flash and boom of lore is due to Fleming's backpressure-inducing mega muzzle brake, not the gun itself.[/quote:3egcxfnd]

9. Malum Prohibitum

Vulcan/Vector - not the same thing, right?

10. Malum Prohibitum

from Malum Prohibitum
    to vectorarms@
    date Mar 14, 2007 8:54 AM
    subject H&K Style Rifle

Does Vector Arms manufacture its own receivers for the H&K style rifles in rifle calibers? If not, who does?

11. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

From my research, that would be correct. Gonna check the owner/location of business to make sure. I am interested in getting the SP89K for plinking, no 9mm, but they have it in 40s&w. that depends on if I can get a real HK, recently heard through the grapevine that a local dealer got a couple of cases of HK rifles and subs.

12. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

Vector Arms Incorporated
    270 W 500 N
    North Salt Lake, UT 84054
    (801)295-1917

Vulcan Arms, Inc.
    P.O. Box 2473
    S. St. Paul, MN 55076-8473
    (651)451-5956

no info in the BBB on either.

13. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

From what I can tell after browsing through many forums, is that Vector Arms makes good quality firearms, and Vulcan Arms are POS.

14. Malum Prohibitum

I have never heard anything bad about Vector until you posted. Even back in the early nineties when they were still doing a brisk business in n Machine Guns (it only took a few years after 1986 for that business to dry up).

15. Malum Prohibitum

Got a response back to my email, and they are not Vulcan receivers.