VCDL Makes USA Today

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Sharky

Sharky New Member

only a matter of time before we hit the "big time"

:)

2. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

Next legislative session I think we could.

3. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

I hate people that try and trick the public with numbers. How many guns is .7%? What percent is 26,000?

4. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

48.97% of statistics are made up on the spot.

5. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

And here I thought it was 52.32% of all statistics were made up on the spot .... learn something new every day!

6. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Actually, the latest numbers indicate that it is 53.34. But you were close. :D

7. fallison

fallison New Member

I think the simplest solution would be to say anyone that is walking free is legal to buy, sell, and carry any weapon they choose (as is clear in the second amendment). The burden is then placed on society to incarcerate anyone who cannot be trusted with a weapon, whether in prisons or mental health facilities.

8. merlock

merlock New Member

+1

9. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

So you think that a mildly retarded person that can dress and feed himself but not drive a car should be kept in a mental health facility?

10. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Not so simple to get past the General Assembly. :wink:

11. fallison

fallison New Member

If they are responsible enough to care for themselves, then they should be legal. Otherwise, they should be considered a dependant with an adult guardian or in an institution.

Also, a person you describe would be legal under current law UNLESS they had been hospitalized in the past.

12. fallison

fallison New Member

No but the anti's in the article you linked were talking about a simple solution. I think mine is simpler than theirs.