Vacation soon, time to study

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Adam5, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Well our famaily road trip in comming in three weeks. I guess it's time to start studying the carry laws of the states we'll be driving through. We will be driving through TN (honors GFL), KY (honors GFL), IL, on our way to St Louis (MO honors GFL). After a few days in St Louis, it's on to Memphis, through AR (doesn't honor GFL), for a few days, then through MS (honors GFL) and AL (honors GFL) on our way home.

I have good word from a retired District Commander of the IL State Police that I'll be fine if I remove the mag for my gun, empty the chamber, and put the gun and loaded mag in a case that's out of reach. I'll have to play online and see about AR, and study MO laws. I'm already fairly familiar with TN carry laws and KY, MS and AL I'll just be driving through.

It looks like www.handgunlaws.us and packing.org will be my friends for a little while.

2. ber950

ber950 Active Member

Forget Packing.org its so out of date its almost useless.

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

The first one is an excellent resource.

4. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I've got a good website/website addition tool. Something for planning trips so that you can get all the laws/restrictions listed in one place specific to your trip. It can even be as simple as selecting the states you're going through and in what order. Then can possibly be expanded to mapquest style with starting/ending addresses/cities. Am I dreaming too big? Anyone else think this to be a good idea? Is there anything out there like this now?

5. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired New Member

Why not go a step further and incorperate it into a car nav GPS system like tomtom or Garmin? I can see it now...

"You are approaching the South Carolina border, pull over and place your handgun in the glove box."

6. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:rotfl:

Heck yea, why not? I've gotta put this (soon-to-be) degree to some sort of use. That would be a heck of a senior project. :D

7. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

Gungle Maps.

all apologies to Google (R) (TM)

8. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

That is a good idea.

9. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Wouldn't you hate to poke someone's eye out though? 8)