Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Sledgehammer
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone on here frequent the VA hospital in ATL? I'd like to know what kind of postings there are at the entrances related to firearms, ammunition, and explosives. Photos of signs would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
No photos, but there are signs entering the parking lot and signs on the doors to the building. Very large and impossible to miss. It states weapons and has pictures of pistols and knives. I've had a security guard there tell me to get rid of my pocketknife as it was clipped to my pocket and he saw the clip. According to the signs and the guard, as a federal facility, you may not have any weapons on your car.

They seem pretty serious.

·
Sledgehammer
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No photos, but there are signs entering the parking lot and signs on the doors to the building. Very large and impossible to miss. It states weapons and has pictures of pistols and knives. I've had a security guard there tell me to get rid of my pocketknife as it was clipped to my pocket and he saw the clip. According to the signs and the guard, as a federal facility, you may not have any weapons on your car.

They seem pretty serious.
Thanks. Are you pretty sure the signs only mention weapons and picture pistols and knives? No mention of ammunition or explosives?

·
Old, Slow, Boring Dude
2,531 Posts
For my safety? Really? I'm safer armed...

I even FEEL safer armed!

·
American
3,289 Posts
It's a Federal Reservation, therefore GA Law does NOT apply. Interestingly, Vets get disarmed more than non-vets because they have more reason to set foot on federal land and go to federal buildings.

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
Thanks. Are you pretty sure the signs only mention weapons and picture pistols and knives? No mention of ammunition or explosives?
Should we be keeping an eye on the news? :lol:

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
This IS NOT in GA, but is this like what yall saw?

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,176 Posts
That is the sign I saw that the Salem Virginia Vets hospital. There were more than a few sprinkled all over the place.

Nemo

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,534 Posts
I was there today, at the VA hospital at 1670 Clairmont Rd. Decatur.
There are four (4) layers of signage.

#1 Are the signs at the driveways onto the property, the campus.
They indicate that the entire facility and its grounds are off limits to weapons.

See pics.

Attachments

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,534 Posts
#2: The Second layer of signs are found at the public entrances.
I went to 4 entrances into the main hospital building (main front, ground floor rear, from parking garage across bridge, and emergency room).
I saw the same signs on the sliding or auto-opening glass doors at each entrance.

These signs don't reference any Code section, and they have the "ghostbusters" image of the handgun and knife.

See pics:

Attachments

·
American
3,289 Posts
I was there today, at the VA hospital at 1670 Clairmont Rd. Decatur.
There are three layers of signage.

#1 Are the signs at the driveways onto the property, the campus.
They indicate that the entire facility and its grounds are off limits to weapons.

See pics.
Federal Reservation, no surprises there but lots of irony. Who does the VA serve? Veterans who were taught to protect our freedoms using weapons. But the government doesn't trust those very veterans with the weapons they were taught to use to ensure all our rights. :screwy:

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,534 Posts
Third layer

The third layer of signs are these very detailed blue signs full of text, also located at the entrances, between the outer door and inner door.

They do cite federal laws and the code of federal regulations.

Both title 38 (Veterans' Affairs) and 18 (crimes), specifically 18 USC section 930 are mentioned.

Attachments

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,534 Posts
4th layer

4th layer of signage:

On some interior hallways of the hospital there are posted rules of conduct, including citations to law (Title 38, authority of the VA) and listing the penalties for various offenses.

Attachments

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,534 Posts
As Porky Pig once said:

Th... thee ... thee.... a-thee...

that's all, folks!

Attachments

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,534 Posts
P.S. I did not go to any other of the several buildings on the campus. I did not go to the Eaglesnest community living Center. I did not go to the VA regional headquarters.

Attachments

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,176 Posts
Its easier to twist your computer. Thats what I do.

Nemo

·
Sledgehammer
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks, GS for all the photos. Very thorough. Interesting that you have to go find the fine print rules before you get more than "firearms and weapons."

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.