VA Dem contempt for gun owners caught on hot mic

Discussion in 'In the News' started by latter_day_hippie, Jan 10, 2020.

1. latter_day_hippie

latter_day_hippie Well-Known Member

I am sure no such conversations ever happen between GA Dem congresscritters.... lol

https://recentlyheard.com/2020/01/0...razy-gun-nuts-young-kids-like-gun-grab-looms/

2. atlsrt44

atlsrt44 Well-Known Member

3. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

And this is what we are dealing with.

Nemo :shakehead:

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

$2.5 million spent by anti-gun groups to flip the General Assembly. I wonder what right to bear arms groups spent in Virginia to try and keep it from flipping?

When it comes right down to it, where you put your money speaks volumes about what is really important.

blind_shake likes this.
  5. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Constitutional rights should not be dependent on the amount of monies used for or against them.

gunsmoker and mountainman444 like this.
  6. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

I guess that they have gotten so used to looking down on us with their moral superiority that this is just how they think...

7. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

8. RedDawnTheMusical

The nerve of us.

blind_shake likes this.
  9. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Sure.

I agree.

Now, let's discuss reality. Money can certainly subvert constitutional rights. It can also be used to support and defend them. Which side do you think poured more money into the fight last election cycle?

$2.5 million v. $X

Motopackin and blind_shake like this.
  10. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Well, maybe some of the gun nuts in VA said things that make them sound like stupid little children throwing a tantrum instead of responsible adults contacting legislators or just speaking in public forums about matters of public concern. I.E. the role of government and the protection of civil liberties.

I see gun nuts spouting off angry irrational rants all the time online, and certainly that can give all of us gun owners a black eye in the mind of the public. And in the minds of politicians, and judges, that will soon be asked to vote on laws that are going to affect us one way or another.

11. alnen

alnen Active Member

You're right, but people suck. The suckiest do what it takes to get elected, and then it's all about the mighty dollar. Every good man I've seen run for office has lost to a sleazball, including at least one in this thread (good man that is).

We need a reset, but even with term limits, prohibiting profit from office, etc, and every one fired from office, people return to failing governmental systems EVERY time eventually.

12. RedDawnTheMusical

Maybe there was, but there is no reason to treat a group of people the same way. Not all democrats are the same, not all women are the same, not all of the Catholics are the same, etc. There is no reason to blindly treat an entire group of people as if there are exactly the same.

13. moe mensale

Of course it can. I'm not being unrealistic. See you in court. The federal judiciary (appeals courts, district courts, Supreme Court) has undergone some major changes under Trump and continues to do so. And they will have an impact for decades.

14. atlsrt44

I hope you are right but remember we are playing against people who like to change the rules when they dont win so what's to keep them messing with the judiciary?

15. MLS 4506

MLS 4506 Active Member

Kurt,take a look at both of their campaign donation info, the MOMS AND EVERYTOWN , among others, are responsible for the election of both of them

16. atlsrt44

They are responsible for the money. Dumb voters are responsible for them being elected

17. moe mensale

If you're going to start throwing your pejoratives around again, why don't you direct some towards the legislators? Many of them come off as arrogant, conceited, pompous, self-important, egotistic, autocratic, insolent, contemptuous, smug, know-it-alls that couldn't give two shits about those who they supposedly serve.

Maybe that's why some a lot of us treat them with such disdain.

18. moe mensale

I'd get banned for life -and maybe worse - if I publicly stated my remedy. :lol:

19. RedDawnTheMusical

It seems like you can't even comment on social media as to how much you like Ringo Starr's "Back Off Boogaloo" w/o ending up on a watch list nowadays...

TimBob likes this.
  20. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

The simply act of participation in this Forum has most likely placed each of us on several watch list. Et non carborundum

blind_shake likes this.