Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Maybe the federal ban was finally starting to make a dent in the market by the time it ended," said Christopher Koper, head of research at the Police Executive Research Forum, who studied the assault weapons ban for the National Institute of Justice, the research arm of the Justice Department.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... redstories

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,894 Posts
Limiting magazine capacity is useless and dangerous to law-abiding citizens in my humble opinion.

It is again, just punishing those of us who have never committed a felony and are trying to follow the law.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I wonder what the percentage of crimes that were committed with the things that were banned was at the time of banning? I'm going to go out on a limb and guess less than 1%

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I don't care if it did cause a drop in crime. That's looking at it all wrong. That's conceding that owning a gun is NOT a right. What if we could prove that crime falls when people are not allowed to freely exercise their religion? Or that crime drops when people are not, in fact, secure from unreasonable searches? I doubt many on the left would support repealing the right to free speech, even if we could prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that it would reduce crime.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts