Utah's Katrina Bill

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

With HB 6 in Georgia, we are desparately trying to keep from being disarmed during a time of emergency, and we have to fight our own GBi at the legislature, who thinks it too much that the GBI may have to actually pay attorney fees if they force you to sue because they refuse to return your gun! Ack! My chest!

Anyway, in Utah, a very different Katrina bill has been introduced. The Utah bill suspends the requirement that one need a firearms license to carry a gun during a declared emergency!

The West and the South. Two very different ways of looking at things.

2. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I just don't understand.

I just don't understand how they get legislators that make bills like that and we are stuck with retards who are lucky if they don't plagiarize another town's plan then lie about it.

3. pro2am

pro2am New Member

It's kind of funny, I've read more than once that the South is considered very liberal in gun law, including Georgia. Where do people get that interpretation? Sounds like Utah has some awesome representation serving in the legislature.

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Because those people are comparing the "south" to New Jersey. The western states, generally, have less places off limits. They also typically allow open carry without a license.