Utah - proposal for concealed carry sans permit

Discussion in 'National Laws, Bills and Politics' started by Malum Prohibitum, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7000 ... ermit.html

Gunn? :lol: Can't pick your last name, I guess. :| Anyway, is this "ridiculous" in Vermont, Alaska, and Arizona?

Uh, Mr. - Gunn . . . snicker, have you checked the murder rate in Vermont lately?

2. Malum Prohibitum

Gunn's proposal for Utah, which he says needs more regulations burdening the right to bear arms?

Yes, that is a quote.

3. drtybykr

drtybykr New Member

That is good, I never carry my firearm open unless I am at a gunshow :D

4. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

Thanks for the link MP. I sent it to both my Reps(that know me by name, btw) and put "I want this." :D

5. Malum Prohibitum

:lol: Yeah, but we need to work on carrying openly without a license, first. Georgia is one of only 13 states to license an openly carried pistol, which is absurd when a 9 year old is legal to carry an AK47 openly with no license.

:|

There is really no excuse for Georgia not joining the majority of states on this issue.

6. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

We can expect the same resistance when we go for unlicensed carry. Some of it from our own "gun people."

We've got to go for unlicensed open carry first. Then when there is no "blood in the streets," we can go for unlicensed concealed carry. I can't wait.

But remember, we're crazy for wanting to not pay to assert a fundamental civil right. Gun licenses are good because they let the police know that we're the "good guys." :roll:

7. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

Well I was just treating that as an understood. :mrgreen:

8. ookoshi

ookoshi Moderator

I really do I hope they get unlicensed carry passed. But I also hope Utah still allows you to get a license if you want to for reciprocity.