Utah cfp classes?

Discussion in 'Training' started by rabbivj, Nov 22, 2010.

1. rabbivj

rabbivj My Name is Inigo Montoya

Is anyone doing a Utah cfp class anytime soon?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

The instructors are listed on the Utah web site, if that helps.

3. Atlanta777

Atlanta777 New Member

Anyone do Utah & Florida CCW classes at same time?

4. Scott 40s&w

Scott 40s&w Member

I am looking for a place to do one near Atlanta.
    Utah does not require shooting; Where FL requires live fire.
    I can do one in Woodbury if there is interest.
    The combined class is
    NRA First Steps Pistol, Utah and FL. This gives you the book and certificate from the NRA for FL and the "stamp for Utah"

5. The Math Teacher

The Math Teacher New Member

6. rabbivj

yeah i have checked that list...I emailed harlan, he doesnt offer the class anymore...Scott, i would be interested in doing the class...I theoretically could apply for FL based on my michigan training alone, but im leary abt it since it was 13 months ago...im not sure if there is a statute of limitations on training etc...

I called the DoL on FL, there is no statute of limitations...so i should be g2g...

7. Atlanta777

Atlanta777 New Member

Hey Scott... What kind of training would I need to do for the FLA license? Also how much is the class?

8. Scott 40s&w

Scott 40s&w Member

NRA Basic pistol is a safe bet because it is the national standard.
    Make sure the copy of the certificate is signed by the instructor when you send it in or it will be rejected

9. The Math Teacher

The Math Teacher New Member

This is true.
    It must be a signatue, not the printed name.

10. Suprman

Suprman New Member

if there is a class in the near future, I would be interested depending on cost

11. dunkel

dunkel New Member

I believe a dd-214 works for the training requirement for Florida. Could be wrong, as it's been a while since I looked into it, but I think I recall seeing something about that.

12. rabbivj

It does I believe. I confirmed it with the DOL.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

13. Atlanta777

Atlanta777 New Member

So any chance of a class coming anytime soon?

14. DogLeg

DogLeg New Member

I got this guy's name (Samuel Hayes) off this site while doing a search. I believe he's banned from this forum however I didn't see any complaints about his class. This is the email I got from him, PM me if you want his contact info:

Hello,
    The Utah CCW class that you recently inquired about will be held at:

Promenade at Peachtree Apartments
    Theater Room (Right next to the leasing office)
    2432 Johnson Ferry Road
    Chamblee, GA 30341 .

The start time is 11am sharp and will run until approximately 3pm. The class is a 4 hour lecture on Utah law and does not require any live fire activity. The next class will be held on Saturday December 18, 2010.

The cost , paid directly to Utah BCI, associated with the process will be discussed in class. The course fee of $50 is paid directly to me. The only form of payment I accept is cash and it is due 1 week prior to the start of class.

The remaining costs are Utah 's application fee (found on the Utah BCI website), 2 passport photo's, fingerprinting at your local police department and postage.

Each participant is required to print out the application from the Utah BCI website and bring it with them to class.

15. kwikrnu

kwikrnu Banned

That is the class I'm taking Saturday for my Utah carry permit. It is also one of the reasons for which I'll be in Atlanta. :)
    I don't know if it is illegal to post his contact information and I don't want to be banned as he was.

edit: the previous post says two photos, you only need one according to the Utah website.

16. Suprman

Suprman New Member

will this class be sufficient enough to apply for my FL permit as well?

17. kwikrnu

kwikrnu Banned

I don't know, I used my DD-214 to get my Florida permit. I think the Utah class is insufficient because many instructors offer both the Utah and Florida class and charge more when given together.

Try an NRA basic pistol course, I think that may work for Florida.

Good Luck!

edit:

You might call FL to see if a hunter's education course will work.

Have you looked into a permit from Arizona? They don't require photos and the Utah training course may work, if not hunter's education does according to 13-3112(n). I've been told Arizona issues quickly. Heck I had my FL permit in hand in less than 4 weeks from the date I mailed the application.

18. kwikrnu

kwikrnu Banned

Samuel Hayes taught a good class. I would recommend anyone interested to take one of his classes as he teaches classes other than the Utah permit class.

:righton: