Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Link Edit 2: first link doesn't work try Here Edit 3 now that link doesn't work, I give up on this source. There is a link a couple of posts down.
Officials say the suspect had an A-K-47, a very large weapon.
She says a man with an automatic weapon opened fire inside the library, and no shots were fired outside. Weldon says "he subsequentely shot himself. He is deceased."
There are reports of another suspect, but that seems out of place with the info provided.

Edit: Well they have now removed "a very large weapon" from the report.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Some of the story's comments are just :screwy:

A Gun Free school zone is the only reason things like this dont happen more often you fools. if everyone was allowed to carry a gun around THERE WOULD BE so much more violence.

·
Senior Mumbler
6,490 Posts
drtybykr said:

A Gun Free school zone is the only reason things like this dont happen more often you fools. if everyone was allowed to carry a gun around THERE WOULD BE so much more violence.
A Gun Free school zone is precisely why this happens more often as those intent on harm know they can cause a lot of it without fear of someone putting them down in short order.

·
Registered
57 Posts
A couple years ago if something like this happened I'd think, "Well maybe something good can come of this, perhaps the issue students gun rights will be brought up." I've learned now that incidents like this just make people think that banning guns on college campuses SOLVES problems.

At least with my GWL I can keep my pistol in my car. Which will come in very handy if there's an active shooter on campus and I'm in class. It's only a quick stroll to my car, then I can defend myself.
:roll:

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
phantoms said:
drtybykr said:

A Gun Free school zone is precisely why this happens more often as those intent on harm know they can cause a lot of it without fear of someone putting them down in short order.
This. Exactly.

·
68,964 Posts
But the incident has Texas Gov. Rick Perryâ€"a dude who goes jogging with a loaded pistolâ€"calling for a relaxation of the state's gun-free college laws. He told the AP:
[quote:3ksbvd09]There are already guns on campus. All too often they are illegal. I want there to be legal guns on campus. I think it makes senseâ€"and all of the data supportsâ€"that if law abiding, well-trained, backgrounded individuals have a weapon, then there will be less crime.
It's a stock argument for pro-gun partisans: Students and faculty with concealed carry permits need the ammo to shoot back if a crazed gunmen enters their school. But a 2002 Violence Policy Center study found that . . . [/quote:3ksbvd09] http://motherjones.com/mojo/2010/09/gun ... aled-carry

Massive holes in logic. Did the law banning guns stop the incident? What would change if the law were changed?

·
68,964 Posts
41 concealed-handgun license holders in Texas were arrested for murder and attempted murder. And permit holders were arrested for weapons offenses 81 percent more often than the state's general 21-and-over population.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,250 Posts
Wait a minute-- the media tells me that the AK-47 family of weapons (even the semi-auto versions) are the deadliest things since the bubonic plague. They fire bullets powerful enough to go through cars, houses, and bulletproof vests.
They hold more rounds of ammo than you can count.
They are useless for any legitimate purpose, but perfect for slaughtering cops and innocent people.

SO HOW CAN A CRAZED GUNMAN shoot up a school and kill nobody but himself ???

(That's it--- I'm ditching my AK and switching my Zombie home security long gun to an AR platform!!!)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts