UT Austin Shooting-It's Over But the Spin Begins-Suicide

Discussion in 'In the News' started by mountainpass, Sep 28, 2010.

1. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

Link Edit 2: first link doesn't work try Here Edit 3 now that link doesn't work, I give up on this source. There is a link a couple of posts down.
    There are reports of another suspect, but that seems out of place with the info provided.

Edit: Well they have now removed "a very large weapon" from the report.

2. jlcnuke

jlcnuke New Member

Obviously a false story, there are no guns on school campuses... still.

3. jsmn4vu

jsmn4vu New Member

4. drtybykr

drtybykr New Member

Some of the story's comments are just :screwy:

5. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

A Gun Free school zone is precisely why this happens more often as those intent on harm know they can cause a lot of it without fear of someone putting them down in short order.

6. EmTea

EmTea New Member

A couple years ago if something like this happened I'd think, "Well maybe something good can come of this, perhaps the issue students gun rights will be brought up." I've learned now that incidents like this just make people think that banning guns on college campuses SOLVES problems.

At least with my GWL I can keep my pistol in my car. Which will come in very handy if there's an active shooter on campus and I'm in class. It's only a quick stroll to my car, then I can defend myself.
    :roll:

7. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

This. Exactly.

8. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

It's a stock argument for pro-gun partisans: Students and faculty with concealed carry permits need the ammo to shoot back if a crazed gunmen enters their school. But a 2002 Violence Policy Center study found that . . . [/quote:3ksbvd09] http://motherjones.com/mojo/2010/09/gun ... aled-carry

Massive holes in logic. Did the law banning guns stop the incident? What would change if the law were changed?

9. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

10. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Wait a minute-- the media tells me that the AK-47 family of weapons (even the semi-auto versions) are the deadliest things since the bubonic plague. They fire bullets powerful enough to go through cars, houses, and bulletproof vests.
    They hold more rounds of ammo than you can count.
    They are useless for any legitimate purpose, but perfect for slaughtering cops and innocent people.

SO HOW CAN A CRAZED GUNMAN shoot up a school and kill nobody but himself ???

(That's it--- I'm ditching my AK and switching my Zombie home security long gun to an AR platform!!!)