Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

Useful advice: How not to choke under pressure

887 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  pml 
#1 ·
http://lifehacker.com/5669385/four-reas ... avoid-them

In her book Choke, author Sian Beilock examines the science behind why we choke under pressure. So, why do we choke under pressure? A lot of the explanation can be boiled down to the fact that, under pressure, the prefrontal cortex (the very front part of our brain that sits over our eyes) stops working the way it should.
Tips:
Close the Gap Between Practice and Competition - Meaning, practice under stress. :whew: :shoot:
Second, Don't Dwell. #-o :deadhorse:
Focus on the Outcome not the Mechanics :rifle: ...think about what you want to say, not what you don't want to say, because when you try not to think or do something, it is often more likely to occur. (Ed. note: Don't think of an elephant.) :smokin:
Write It Out :cpubeatme: - This writing doesn't have to be long; 10 minutes before a big event or regularly for 10 minutes a week can help ensure that we make the most of the brain power we have.

#3 ·
I would think it would.

I take notes even for the most mundane exams and meetings-- I often throw them away afterward. But, it is the writing down that makes the info stick. JMHO. YMMV . . . .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.