Used Guns Back On Our Streets!

Discussion in 'In the News' started by thebugman, Feb 9, 2006.

1. thebugman

thebugman New Member

CBS 46 is running an anti-gun story about Police Glocks being resold to the public. I am recording it. I et it will be availble on their website after it airs. Thought I'd give a heads up so we can let them know how illogical they are.

2. thebugman

thebugman New Member

First of all, I can't take any reporter seriously that pronounces confiscated, confinscated. She said it over and over through out the report.

"gun violence" how is an inanimate object capable of violence?

How does a gun have potential? Good or bad?

I hope this bad reporting made them feel good.

"Guns, once in the hands of police, are ending up in the hands of criminals. During a 5-month, investigation we found cases where the same illegal firearms seized by police ended up back on the streets."

http://www.cbs46.com/Global/category.asp?C=13816

This is the best I could do for a link. It was the second one when I made the link. The actual link has all this Java script and nothing I was doing allowed me to post directly to the video. Maybe some of you web gurus can make it work.

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I bet they could find seized cars back on the streets, too . . .

4. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

Not only could they find them, but they report favorably on it. Earlier this week, ajc.com reported on how lucrative it has been for the City of Roswell to sell stuff on an online auction devoted to government sellers (but public buyers). They said the city had sold a BMW for $10,000 that the police had seized.

Why is there no favorable reporting on how much money the government makes selling seized firearms? Oh, I forgot, they don't sell them. They just mysteriously "turn up on the streets."

5. thebugman

thebugman New Member

Wonder if they can trace any of the vehicular homicides back to those cars that are back on the streets. Nevermind, cars don't kill drivers do.