USCCA

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by warnockdavid, Oct 27, 2010.

1. warnockdavid

warnockdavid New Member

Has anyone had experience with, US Concealed Carry Association, USCCA?

2. Iceman

Iceman Active Member

I'm a member. I like their magazine (one of the few I read cover to cover), and I use their website and forum every now and then.

If by "experience" you mean customer service, I can't help you there.

3. Match10

Match10 Active Member

Be prepared for a barrage of sales emails having nothing to do with anything but lining the pockets of the guy that runs it.

4. Mafuta54

Mafuta54 Active Member

Exactly! :twisted:

5. Iceman

Iceman Active Member

Ahh yes, I forgot about this....I guess it didn't cross my mind because my e-mail filters work.

6. frankr

frankr Active Member

I am not a member of the USCCA so I have no direct experience with their materials. Keep in mind that they do sponsor Mark Walter's radio program that is really getting traction in syndication.

7. Dan4010

Dan4010 New Member

The magazine is good not great... but it does focus on conceal carry issues and topics... the emails are over wheleming... they are either in financial trouble or raking in the cash... I then to think the former... going broke...

8. Match10

Match10 Active Member

From the other site's lengthy comments, "CharlesC" as the author.....

Hmmmm..... :-k This says it all... It's a corporation. It has fixed ownership. The "membership" is a lead-generator into his business. No member input or elections to the BOD. No recourse to that Directorship. No Bylaws for review. No financial disclosure. No accountability to the membership, except the option to leave. :sly: Dang, I fall for this at times! [​IMG]

He does no lobbying or PAC. He also promotes that business model, for a long time after you request it to stop, and has canned responses to you asking him to stop the marketing to you.

I found the magazine largely irrelevant to my needs. (Except the article about Preist and Spade thwarting a Waffle House armed robbery, simply by open carrying.)

9. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 10:13

I am a former subscriber. Those annoying emails did it for me after one year.

10. markhk

markhk New Member

I renewed my "membership" because, to me, the magazine and on line videos are worth it. I have been on the forum, but really never kept up with it. They have their good and bad folks just like any forum. At first I resented the daylights out of all of their marketing, but now I simply ignore it, and take what I want from the situation. My brother purchased a DVD from them that was just plain crap. He called and told them what he thought and got a complete refund.
    markhk

11. Match10

Match10 Active Member

I thought that I had finally fallen off the RADAR for Tim's sales efforts.... Not to fear, he is emailing me at least daily again with a come-on or pitch!