Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
68% so far have said that "lax" gun laws (their terminology, not mine) are NOT to blame.

·
Registered
367 Posts
One of those polls you almost hate to take due to the crappy wording of the options.

·
Registered
79 Posts
One of those polls you almost hate to take due to the crappy wording of the options.
Yep. And most TV commentators have conflated the jurisdiction. In reality, the federal government controls who can buy a gun; the state has nothing to do with that, especially after recent supreme court cases. The state, on the other hand, generally controls where and how the gun can be carried or transported.

·
Die Hard GCO Recruiter
6,763 Posts
whitmo said:
My thought exactly.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,989 Posts
gkill772001 said:
68% so far have said that "lax" gun laws (their terminology, not mine) are NOT to blame.
I just voted. It's 69% now. :)

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
1% voted No opinion. If a person doesn't have an opinion, why would they bother voting? Crazy. :screwy:

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Agreed, bad options.

·
I watch the watchers
12,886 Posts
Agreed, bad wording and options. Still, we know the Right answer.

·
Senior Mumbler
6,671 Posts
mpc said:
1% voted No opinion. If a person doesn't have an opinion, why would they bother voting? Crazy. :screwy:
Probably because they were going to vote against stricter gun laws, but didn't like the way that choice was worded.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Gun laws, 'lax' or not, are not to blame.

That 'crazy dude' was able to leagly purchase a gun because EVERYBODY in his recent past FAILED to take the steps to prevent it. A NICS check would've 'flagged' him as mentaly unstable. Everybody who came into contact with him has said he 'scared' them, said he was crazy, etc., etc., etc.........

But taking steps (i.e. doing the right thing) wasn't my job. It was easier to hurry-up and just get 'rid' of him, or ignor him, than to muster any courage.

The 'system' works, we the people are responsible for seeing to it that it works. Longher, however, is to blame for pulling the trigger and birthing the evil he spawned.

·
Registered
15,984 Posts
Th guy didn't legally buy the gun if he lied on the form about his illegal drug use now did he?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts