Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
American
3,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Senate votes to block rule on guns and mentally impaired

The Republican-led Senate has voted to block an Obama-era regulation that would prevent an estimated 75,000 people with mental disorders from being able to purchase a firearm.
The 57 to 43 vote to revoke the regulation now sends the measure to President Donald Trump, who is expected to sign it.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...block-rule-on-guns-and-mentally-impaired.html

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
The entire SSA rule, which is what it is/was, requiring the SSA to follow current laws reporting to NCIC those adjudicated unable to handle financial matters based on ANY SS defined mental defect is not unfamiliar. The VA has been doing it for a long time prior. However, the VA has based the decision to adjudicate on actual medical professionals opinion where as the SSA considered SSA employees (bureaucrats) as an authoritative position to render such judgments as well.

Might that in and of it's self present a problem? Absolutely!

The same SSA bureaucracy that told me that I was not eligible to receive SSDI because I was born in Guam on a military base. Yes, sadly true.

A person that is in a position that would allow them to declare me unable to handle my finances, and therefore lose my 2nd amendment rights, does not even know that Guam is a U.S. territory and that regardless, any one born on a U.S. military base worldwide to a parent serving in the armed forces is automatically a U.S. citizen.

Should someone that incompetent be allowed the power to adjudicate? Hell no!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.