Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for entertaining these dumb questions. They are firearm related even though that is an unusual thing for threads on this forum lately !

What's the history of all the various sources of uppers and lowers that are advertised for that particular line of rifles ? Clearly there is a big market for these products.

Seems like an odd thing. Maybe it is to allow you to manufacture your own without needing a special tax or violating some law or regulation ?

I'm looking to get an understanding of the reasons folks do their own build.
?/ for the fun of it (the Heathkit factor)

?/ overall better value than buying (do complete rifles have some heavy tax embedded in the price?)

/? better quality in particular important parts

I built my own (and friends') desktop computers in the past for the fun / satisfaction factor but never, in the last five years anyway, built one that had a better value than one I could buy already made. The retail parts prices of the components always made for a more expensive unit.

·
Registered
293 Posts
drtybykr said:
Because you can buy piece buy piece, and not dump a ton at once.
First post wins.

I'll add that it allows to hand pick every part you want to use.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Because some take satisfaction in building things themselves, others want to save money as did I, and some want configurations that are not available otherwise. Fairly simple.

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the explain

now I'm off to buy a 1911 lower
(just joking)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts