Updated the Firearms License page

Discussion in 'Website & Forum Suggestions' started by Gunstar1, Dec 24, 2005.

1. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Hey everyone,

It has been a little while since the database has been updated. Well, it has now been done. I added a little information found in this forum and on Packing.org. I also made it much easier for it to be updated so I can do it more often.

(For those that don't know, I also wrote what is on the Georgia page on Packing.org... I figured I would not mind if I used it here as well) :)

2. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Oh I forgot, I have not quite finished tweaking the pages, so if you see anything wrong, or if something should be added, post it please.

Also if I missed anybody's personal process please let me know. (Broadside Bob, I just added yours)

3. ICP_Juggalo

ICP_Juggalo Professional Troll

Lookin good gunstar. You might want to add county/city health departments and county/city mental health buildings in the off limits area as well.

Interestingly enough, the Carroll County Mental Health facility in Bremen has big blue signs at the entrance of building to let you know that weapons are prohibited by state law.

Did anyone ever determine if privately held hospitals (i.e. Wellstar, Parkway, ect.) were a public owned or operated entity/building? I had to make a trip to the Wellstar ER last night and didn't recall any off limit sinage or any other sinage that identified the hospital being affiliated as a public entity. I had to have an X-ray last night and had to take off my jacket exposing my G19 to the doctor, but he didn't bat an eye or say anything.

4. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Ok, done.

As for hospitals, I think that a "county" hospital is publicly owned.
    A private hospital or clinic is not off-limits.
    A teaching hospital is probably off-limits.
    A University Hospital is off-limits.

Unless it says "county" or "university" in the name, their really is no way to know without doing some kind of check on the owners/operators before going.
    Though I feel you need to be an acountant to know exactly for some.

5. seajay

seajay NRA Certified Instructor

Grady would be off limits. It's ER is opreated and funded by Fulton County.

6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

The problem here is that even the people working there will not know whether it is publicly owned or operated or private.

Neither will we.

Just one more example of why we need the "public gathering" restriction removed from state law. To the extent that our politicians absolutely must put something off limits, it needs to be clear and listed in one place (kind of like Colorado's law).

Kind of like this: http://www.gfodl.org/forum/viewtopic.ph ... sc&start=0

7. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Gunstar1, thank you for updating the county database.

:wink: