Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I'm kind of a big deal
5,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Find-G ... 8642854493

This guy is related to a good friend of ours (my wife went to college with her) and he apparently disappeared after getting off a bus in Aspen (recently moved there from Delaware) a few days ago.

If y'all know anyone in the Aspen area or anyone in CO please send them the link and ask them to send it around.

Thanks.

ETA: Information from his sister:

Georgie was last seen exiting bus 555 at the Truscott stop in Aspen. He spoke briefily to a woman who said he realized he was at the wrong stop when the shuttle left. He asked her if she could drive him to the Village Commons where he lived. She told him she did not have a car. She assumed he would wait for the next shuttle bus or attempt to hitch hike home. That was the last time anyone saw our brother.

Georgie is 5 feet 9 inches tall, weighing 140 pounds, with shoulder length wavy brown hair. He was wearing a plaid winter coat with a fur hood attached. He has no local relatives. Although my Dad and other brother are in Aspen searching for him.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Aspen police at 970-920-5310.

Please POST this page and PRAY for the safe return of our beloved brother. We need to find him and bring home.

·
I'm kind of a big deal
5,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Please help find George Aldrich - Aspen, Colorado

I don't know if anyone else has followed this story at all but it's really sad.....I hope they find him but I am not very optimistic about it.....

Full article here:
http://www.realaspen.com/article/366/Au ... drich-case

The Pitkin County Sheriff's Office is discontinuing its on-the-ground search of missing Snowmass Village transplant George Aldrich who seemingly vanished into thin air one month after moving here.

Local authorities spent a dozen days scouring the Roaring Fork Valley for the missing 28-year-old man who hails from Rhode Island. They organized search parties who fanned out into fields and onto mountainsides looking for any sign of Aldrich, a college graduate who had done some acting. They took to the air, utilizing planes and helicopters as they sought answers to his mysterious disappearance. They walked up and down riverbanks. A remote-controlled vehicle was deployed into a pond near where Aldrich might have gone missing.

“The decision to discontinue the field operations was a joint decision made by the Incident Management Team and agency heads,†reads a statement the sheriff's office released Friday evening. “This decision was made after reviewing all search operations to date, current leads and information obtained from the public. The Incident Management Team will continue to focus their efforts on investigations, as they have been for the past 13 days. The investigations team will focus their attention on leads from the public, both old and new. As leads are investigated, field operations may start again, as needed.â€

·
Junior Butt Warmer
46,427 Posts

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/p ... e/19742664

"Friends made various assumptions. They thought he had gone home with other friends or whatever, and nobody put two and two together until he missed work, which was out of the ordinary for him," Assistant Aspen Police Chief Bill Linn told AOL News.
Linn said investigators have been to Aldrich's apartment at the Club Commons employee housing complex in Snowmass and have found no indication that he has been there since Saturday night.
Aldrich-Glasgow said her brother moved to Aspen from Cranston, R.I., about three weeks ago to take a job as a lift operator at Aspen Skiing Co. Aldrich's goal, his sister said, was to become a snowboard instructor.

·
Junior Butt Warmer
46,427 Posts

http://www.realaspen.com/article/343/AP ... d-exit-bus

Someone with the Roaring Fork Transportation Authority reviewing footage spotted Aldrich boarding a bus alone not long after his friends had seen him at Eric's Bar. Aspen police say the video appears to show Aldrich sat alone and left alone, although several other passengers got off at the same stop.

·
Registered
848 Posts

Here's to hoping he hooked up with a beautiful blond wealthy trust-fund babe, who flew him to Austria for the holidays to go snowboarding. (Trying to think of scenarios where I might not think to call or email my friends for a couple of weeks...)

·
Registered
1,992 Posts

Sad story. There is hiker from Georgia missing in CO as well, since October. I wonder if there is a connection.

·
I'm kind of a big deal
5,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
UPDATE: Please help find George Aldrich - Aspen, Colorado

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pag ... 8642854493

A body was found near the bus stop that is believed to be Georgie. The family is waiting on DNA confirmation now. Thoughts and prayers go out to the Aldrich family and the Aspen/Snowmass Community.....this story really got to me for some reason. RIP Georgie (if that is indeed you). :cry:

·
I'm kind of a big deal
5,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_16848276?source=rss

A body found under a bridge in Pitkin County this afternoon is likely that of George Aldrich, the 28-year-old Snowmass Ski Area lift operator who hasn't been seen since Nov. 27, police said today.

Off-duty members of Mountain Rescue-Aspen found the body under the Maroon Creek Bridge near where Aldrich got off a bus from Aspen to his apartment in Snowmass Village on Nov. 27.

"The circumstances of the death are still pending, but the body is likely that of Mr. Aldrich," said Aspen Police spokesman Bill Linn. "We don't have positive identification yet."

·
I'm kind of a big deal
5,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Authorities confirmed that the body found was that of George Aldrich Jr.

RIP Georgie.

·
Registered
383 Posts
My prayers are with the family. My he rest in peace.

·
I'm kind of a big deal
5,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1 - 13 of 13 Posts