Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
9,460 Posts
Henry is probably going to need a lawyer, but I'm glad he made it. 12-guage in the truck?

· Registered
9,460 Posts

· Registered
9,460 Posts

· Registered
9,460 Posts
The two youths - who were in the process of turning their lives around - were engaged in a forcible felony. Daniel was within his rights to shoot them whether they were leaving or not. They just beat the piss out of him, were armed and he had no way of knowing whether they planned to leave him breathing.
His quote said he was afraid they were going to shoot him, so that works for me. Just the reporters were anything but clear.

· Registered
9,460 Posts

· Registered
9,460 Posts
Why not? Mossberg 590 Shockwave. Remington 870 Tac-14.
I think of truck cabs as being a bit small to be swinging a shotgun around in. CQB and all.

· Registered
9,460 Posts

· Registered
9,460 Posts
26" is quite maneuverable but I'm assuming he got his firearm out of his vehicle before using it.
My impression was otherwise, but press reports and facts are two different things.
http://chronicle.augusta.com/news/2...y-waynesboro-discusses-attack-injury-suspects
he said. "I got in the driver's seat, they were about 10 feet from the truck, and I kept thinking they were going to shoot me, so when they were a little bit farther I was able to reach in the back and get my 12-gauge shotgun, and that's when I started shooting."

· Registered
9,460 Posts
Why not? Luring them to a position of advantage for him was his best chance for surviving.
I don't disagree that moving to a better defensive position is smart and probably saved his life, "lure" sounds too much like baiting and I just don't think I would have phrased it that way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.