Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://chronicle.augusta.com/news/2...y-waynesboro-discusses-attack-injury-suspects

It was a night of terror for 68-year-old Henry Daniel Jr. as he prepared to leave a Waynesboro business on Tuesday.

Daniel, the president of CP Daniel's Sons Inc., had just activated the alarm at the office on Perry and Eighth streets when he was robbed by two men.
"I wanted to lure them to the truck because I figured if I could give them one gun and get them off me I would have a chance to shoot (with another), and that's exactly what happened," he said. "I got in the driver's seat, they were about 10 feet from the truck, and I kept thinking they were going to shoot me, so when they were a little bit farther I was able to reach in the back and get my 12-gauge shotgun, and that's when I started shooting."

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
Henry is probably going to need a lawyer, but I'm glad he made it. 12-guage in the truck?

·
Registered
9,458 Posts

·
Registered
9,458 Posts

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
Fire the reporters. They make it sound as if he shot them as they fled or not before they fled, or something.
The two youths - who were in the process of turning their lives around - were engaged in a forcible felony. Daniel was within his rights to shoot them whether they were leaving or not. They just beat the piss out of him, were armed and he had no way of knowing whether they planned to leave him breathing.

·
Just a Man
6,065 Posts
Henry is probably going to need a lawyer, but I'm glad he made it. 12-guage in the truck?
From the first article -
The Burke County Sheriff's Office praised Daniel on Facebook for his actions.

"He refused to be a victim and had the will to live while appropriately defending himself against armed robbers by shooting both of them, and ending the threat and the potential of their return," the post on Facebook said. "We, along with the Georgia Sheriff's Association, believe strongly in the Second Amendment and the right to protect oneself. We do our best to be proactive and responsive, but sometimes, when seconds count, we may be minutes away."

Chief Deputy Lewis Blanchard said Thursday that in Georgia, "a person who uses threats or force relating to the use of force in defense of self or others, relating to the use of force in defense of a habitation, or relating to the use of force in defense of property other than a habitation, has no duty to retreat, and has the right to stand his or her ground and use force, including deadly force."

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
The two youths - who were in the process of turning their lives around - were engaged in a forcible felony. Daniel was within his rights to shoot them whether they were leaving or not. They just beat the piss out of him, were armed and he had no way of knowing whether they planned to leave him breathing.
His quote said he was afraid they were going to shoot him, so that works for me. Just the reporters were anything but clear.

·
Registered
9,458 Posts

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
His quote said he was afraid they were going to shoot him, so that works for me. Just the reporters were anything but clear.
Clarity isn't a requirement for being a reporter anymore. Neither is honesty.

Reactions: Taurus92

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
Why not? Mossberg 590 Shockwave. Remington 870 Tac-14.
I think of truck cabs as being a bit small to be swinging a shotgun around in. CQB and all.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Possible he had been bird hunting recently, thus why neither perp is dead(birdshot).

·
Registered
9,458 Posts

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
I think of truck cabs as being a bit small to be swinging a shotgun around in. CQB and all.
26" is quite maneuverable but I'm assuming he got his firearm out of his vehicle before using it.

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
26" is quite maneuverable but I'm assuming he got his firearm out of his vehicle before using it.
My impression was otherwise, but press reports and facts are two different things.
http://chronicle.augusta.com/news/2...y-waynesboro-discusses-attack-injury-suspects
he said. "I got in the driver's seat, they were about 10 feet from the truck, and I kept thinking they were going to shoot me, so when they were a little bit farther I was able to reach in the back and get my 12-gauge shotgun, and that's when I started shooting."

·
69,784 Posts
The two youths . . . were engaged in a forcible felony. Daniel was within his rights to shoot them whether they were leaving or not.
Why do you make this claim?
He's quoted as saying he wanted to "lure them to the truck". Probably not the best choice of words.
Why not? Luring them to a position of advantage for him was his best chance for surviving.

"The Burke County Sheriff's Office praised Daniel on Facebook for his actions."

LOL! Yeah, he isn't going to face any charges.

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
Why not? Luring them to a position of advantage for him was his best chance for surviving.
I don't disagree that moving to a better defensive position is smart and probably saved his life, "lure" sounds too much like baiting and I just don't think I would have phrased it that way.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,135 Posts
Possible he had been bird hunting recently, thus why neither perp is dead(birdshot).
From article cited above

Daniel sustained injuries to his face. He was taken to Burke Medical Center, where he received 25 to 30 stitches. Both suspects were taken to AU Medical Center with gunshot wounds.
He probably was using a bird shot load. What is in season down there?

Nemo

1 - 20 of 25 Posts