Update on Gwinnett

Discussion in 'Ga. County Licensing Information' started by Dadx4, May 4, 2007.

1. Dadx4

Dadx4 New Member

Good friend applied for license in Gwinnett the first week of March after letting his license expire a couple of years ago. He received it on April 25th - within the 60 day time frame!! :woohoo: :righton:

His prints were taken both electronically and on hard card.

At least one local county is following the law....

PS to MP and GS1 - got him to mail in GCO app already!!

2. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Good job.

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

4. Warp

Warp New Member

Fiance got hers in ~56 days.

I guess it's my turn. Too bad I have to give up my IN license for those eight weeks. :( (BTW: That IN license to carry had a 13 day turnaround when I got it a couple years ago)

5. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

You guys are getting my hopes up. Applied for mine on May 9th. Hope it gets here around mid July.

6. Cavediver

Cavediver New Member

Today marks 54 days for me, 55 days for my wife. Maybe they'll be in the mailbox when I get home...

7. GrimJack

GrimJack Active Member

Today was 60 days for me, nothing yet.

8. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

Today is day 27 since probate got my info back from GCPD. I am not going to hold my breath expecting it to be there when I get home either. I'd look like Papa Smurf if I held my breath waiting for that - not just the blue face, but the white beard too!

Go Gwinnett!!! :righton:

9. GrimJack

GrimJack Active Member

I actually finally received mine yesterday. Although because they couldn't cut on the lines and fold it straight it was laminated so large it wouldn't come close to fitting in my wallet. I trimmed it down and got it close

10. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Should be 3 and a quarter by 2 and a quarter inches.

11. GrimJack

GrimJack Active Member

It was actually a bit larger than 3 3/4" by 2 3/4" before I trimmed it down. I couldn't get it down to 3.25 x 2.25 because it was cut about 1/8" larger than the "Cut on Dotted Line" all the way around and folder crooked.

12. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

I just moved to Gwinnett. Escaped life behind the lines in Vernon Jonestown.

Glad to hear I made the right choice! I'm also happy that I'm now represented by the honorable John Linder.

http://linder.house.gov/index.cfm?FuseA ... ssue_id=89

13. ber950

ber950 Active Member

Glad to have you, but have you seen the latest crime stats. We are headed down hill fast.

14. Cavediver

Cavediver New Member

Oops, I was a week off there. I forgot that the printing office was closed when we arrived.
    Anyhow, 67 days after application, mine arrived in the mail. My wife (who did her prints the day before me) did not receive hers yet.

On a side note, it's good to see that they are putting 5 year old kids to work trimming, laminating, and signing it with crayon...