*UPDATE* Broken part from Springer Precision

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by JeffSmith2208, Nov 7, 2010.

1. JeffSmith2208

JeffSmith2208 New Member

I ordered some parts for my XD from Springer Precision last week. When they came in I was doing some trigger work, replacing parts and such, and after installing the reduced power trigger spring I was let down. The trigger was sloppy. It wobbled all over and wasn't putting enough pressure on the bottom of the trigger bar to hold it up. It wouldn't engage.

I took it out and put the factory spring back in, everything worked perfectly after a bit more fitting. I got finished and was sitting there kinda disappointed with the trigger spring and noticed a smudge on it. When I looked closer I saw that it had a tiny little crack in the bend where the trigger bar rests. What kind of "precision" is this?

I'm going to email them on Monday and let them know I received a cracked spring, but I'm kinda wondering how they will handle this.

Everything else worked just fine... Anyone else had a bad dealing with them? I've only heard good things...

2. JeffSmith2208

JeffSmith2208 New Member

Re: Broken part from Springer Precision

So I emailed Scott at Springer Precision today to let them know about the cracked spring. I got a response back in about 10 min. He appoligized about the defect and they are sending me another one to replace it, no questions asked.

Now THAT is great customer service! I am very impressed with them, and will be a repeat customer.

Defects and mistakes happen from time to time, and it is how those mishap's are handled that make the difference between a happy customer and a displeased one.

Kudo's to Springer Precision!!!

3. howie1932

howie1932 New Member

Keep us updated. I was thinking about ordering a Springer trigger kit for my XD.

4. Gunfixer69

Gunfixer69 New Member

They are a great outfit to deal with and I would be surprised if they did not make it right. I have found their customer service to be top notch.